276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Ladybird Book of the Meeting (Ladybirds for Grown-Ups)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

As with all the books in this series we are given simple explanations about the topic with pictures from childhood Ladybird books and a simple but highly amusing explanation. The Climate Change book has a rather different purpose, to campaign for change in a politically treacherous area. “It is the result,” according to co-author Prince Charles, “of a conversation I had with a friend following my return from having spoken at the opening session of the Paris Climate Change Summit that took place in December 2015.” With a comic pomposity that could pass for a spoof itself, Climate Change not only has three authors but declares itself to have been peer-reviewed by eight learned meteorologists.

So the next guide we need is one on how to dodge boring meetings without being noticed. Funny and entertaining as usual. The company has also had to adapt its titles as attitudes have changed - In the 'People at Work' series - popular in the 1960s - men did nearly all the jobs

With the 1980s, Ladybird broke away from now established tradition to produce many different formats. The Charles and Diana wedding book in 1981 - produced in five days and first on the streets - sold one and a half million copies It’s a practical text, using various scenarios to illustrate each point. These insights can’t be learned in a classroom. They’re the culmination of extensive experience in real world environments over many years. They present the podcast Rule of Three ( Guardian Guide Best 50 Podcasts 2018 - is that an award?) and divide their time between their office, where they keep their awards, and an award-winning pub. Indeed, there is so much information captured in so few words, it’s entirely possible this review has a higher word count than the book. Arguably, this makes the book one of the most fact-rich business texts available today, a powerhouse of business knowledge that punches well above its weight, which is exactly 127 grams.

In today's dynamic, with the paradigm of equilibrium thrown out for that of entropic change, and the need for a forward looking, sustainable vision of progress management leading to clear structural differentiation, this book is just what the budding leader and meeting attendee needs to read. Penguin Random House will release nine new titles in itsLadybird Books for Grown-Ups series for this autumn, including How it Works: The Studentand The Ladybird Book of the Meeting. Whilst I can empathise with much in 'The Ladybird Book of the Meeting' I do not find it terrifically humorous - very factual in parts but humorous, no; it is probably me who appreciates the old fashioned Ladybird books much more than these modern offerings. These nerds have paid money to see a film they think is terrible and have seen at least thirty times before. This is short book that investigates the need for and execution of work-placed meetings in an easy to understand manner. The text is kept simple and lively whilst the messages it delivers hit home hard with laser-focused precision.

Multibuys

Jason Hazeley & Joel Morris are the award-winning authors of the bestselling Ladybird Books For Grown-Ups series. This book explores 'The Meeting'. Those never ending sessions at work where you all sit round a table, maybe on a regular basis, listening to someone go on about something that actually isnt really important. Why aren't I at home? Am I running away from home? Am I scared of home? Why is my brain full of weird, horrible thoughts? Is it because running is so very, very boring? To make this eccentric behaviour seem less like a cry for help or the beginnings of a substantial personal crisis, the do-gooder does it for charity.

THE PERFECT GIFT for the party animal . . . or at the very least, for that person you know who doesn't know when it's time to go home. Ryan has decided this is not fair for a reason that will become no clearer over the next six days of his going on and on about it. Learn all about the different kinds of meetings - brainstorms, catch-ups, face-to-face, virtual, unattended - and how to avoid them completely . . . Wills & Hepworth produced the very first Ladybird book titles during the First World War, including Tiny Tots Travels and Hans Andersen's Fairy Tales

In July 2014, together with her brother, Ezra, she produced a book called We Go to the Gallery, in which Peter and Jane were introduced by mummy to some of the masterpieces of 20th-century art. THE PERFECT GIFT for anyone who not only loves watching their favourite TV series over and over, but also enjoys reading online forums about their favourite TV series over and over.

And you sit there trying not to sleep, thinking about all the things you could have been doing with your time. The Ladybird Book of The Meeting, by J.A. Hazeley and J.P. Morris, is one in a series of Ladybird books for grown-ups written to help them cope with the world around them. My daughter gave it to my husband on Fathers’ Day and it is the only book he has successfully finished reading this year. This probably says something about shortening attention spans in our modern world, or maybe just about him. As a child, I loved the simplicity of the Ladybird books, as they were easy to read, very visual and provided as much information on the subject as a child needed. As an adult, I’m forced to spend time in meetings, but I also like to laugh, largely as an antidote to all the meetings. The new Ladybird collection of books for adults helps with the last and the “Ladybird Book of the Meeting” covers all the bases.The Learnabout books of the 1960s helped children to develop new interests, but Ladybird's focus on non-fiction brought some unusual results. How it Works: The Motor Car (published in 1965) was used by Thames Valley police driving school as a general guide. The essential guide for those looking to reinvent themselves starting next week, next month or next year . . . For what it's worth, the books in this series are published in the U.K. as "Ladybirds for Grown-Ups". The "Fireside Grown-Up Guides" are now starting to be published in the U.S. by Simon & Schuster, and are fairly faithful adaptations. Either way you can find them, as Ladybirds or as Fireside Grown-Up Guides, these books are a hoot. While still fundamentally good-natured and good-humored, these little mini-observations and pronouncements, which are teamed up especially well with the vintage drawings, strike a chord more often than not. Because each and every word is chosen with care, and because timing and tone is superb, this is one volume that particularly lends itself to rereading. A very nice effort.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment