276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Giorgio Beverley Hills Red Eau de Toilette 90ml

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

the praline gives it a nutty creaminess, and on me it lasts about 5-6 hours, which i personally find great.

I also have to say my 14 year daughter likes it too!!!! Usually she likes the sweet scents that are out there, but she surprises me now and then: she loves Boucheron (original) and now this :) Candymarie: obviously, there is no real oakmoss in Red, but it definetely has a faint chypre quality in my opinion. In my perception, it shares quite a lot characteristics with the current formulation of Rochas Femme that used to be a chypre originally, now it's more of a fruity-spicy oriental without real oakmoss but with a definite chypre quality to it, too. But it weirdly is beast mode on the clothes, it lasts plenty days, and if you leave a scarf or a coat that you sprayed with Seductive Red under the sun, it'll smell like a strong intoxicating cherry for several hours. It’s sort of a dark, quiet beauty that’s compelling in a confident way, the one with something deep and interesting to say but in no hurry to share it; the introverted guest walking along cement form promenades in the moonlight, while everyone else is dancing the night away in the ballroom. Guess Seductive Red (GSR) is a cheerful, airy perfume. There isn’t anything seductive about it. A more appropriate name would’ve been ‘Cherry in the Air’ haha ;) I imagine a youthful lady (or young at heart woman) sitting in a flower garden, enjoying cherry Jolly Ranchers on a warm, sunny day.

International delivery

The sillage is great! I get lots of complements when I wear this and it last for hours on my skin and clothes. I may reapply just to freshen it up but it's really not necessary. I just like to feel the beginning strong hug all over again just because I love it so much.

I get the lactonic accord and the light intensity from these notes : Vanilla, Tonka Bean, Almond, Sandalwood, Pink Pepper. It's surprising to see the supposed notes all lined up above, for the most part, notes that I usually enjoy, but in "Red"... well, no. As an avid lover of Si by Giorgio Armani, I am always on the hunt for more affordable alternatives or dupes for Si that I could use on a daily basis for a fraction of the price and that's what Always Red is. I'm unsure whether Elizabeth Arden set out with the intention of creating and selling a Si dupe or not but I’m bloody grateful they did. Always Red opens up with a warm spice - noticeably more sweet than Si, but very similar none the less. I’ve noticed AR is a bit more “boozy” than Si.

My Account

I couldn't detect any white florals, perhaps in cooler weather they won't be overpowered by the plum and blood orange. It’s very elegant, and to me very tasteful. I saw a woman and her daughter on YouTube completely bash this! I don’t know why? I guess we all have different opinions?!

I suppose the bottle I have is not the new Elizabeth Arden's version, since it says Procter and Gamble and is made in the UK. Well, it is one of the strongest fragrances I ever smelled. it is only EdT but smells as strong as if it were pure perfume. Personally, I am not very fond of carnation, and for that reason I do not find the scent marvelous. But I do like it a lot, since there are other things I do appreciate a lot in this fragrance: as well as the strength, it is dense, very complex, one can smell distinctly lots of notes at once, and there is a very good balance amongst the notes so that carnation scent is not really overwhelming. Together with carnation, the notes I feel more intensely are myhrr, sandalwood, amber, tuberose jasmine and hyacinth. It is at the same time dense and sweet from amber and jasmine, harsh from carnation and myrrh, powdery from sandalwood and tuberose, and still has a metalic edge from Hyacinth. I can feel those four textures at once, which is quite unusual. I think it is quite a good fragrance, and also find the bottle very beautiful. The first time I smelled Always Red I noticed the similarity to Armani Si. The note breakdown is very different between the two, but they still seem to smell very similar...especially in the drydown. Always Red is much brighter and syrupy in the opening and mid, while Si has a woody note that is present throughout that I never notice in Always Red. It is even a little more similar to the Si Intenses and le Parfum which are all fruitier, though darker and richer than the original.

You don’t have javascript enabled.

I get the floral accord from these flowers : Cherry blossom, Violet and Magnolia making the blend a bit more creamy.

This perfume is bold, complex and multi layered. Sometimes I can taste the spices. The silage is at least arm length for me and it lasts a long time. So, you kind of have to practice how much and where you put it. I adore this perfume! Can't stop wearing nor can I keep my 24, 26 and 28 yr old daughters out of it when they come over. It's everything I expected and more, rich smokey fruits and flowers with just the right amount of spice. Complex and ever changing it wears beautifully despite what some reviewers may say. I'm wearing Halston Classic today which I love, but I'm tempted to take a bath and properly apply Red all over me to get its full effect. I'm not surprised that the nose behind this has done mostly men's offerings, it's totally unisex ( if you believe in gendering perfumes, which I do not,but I digress) I'm extreamly happy with red and if you love loud n proud oriental fragrances you will be too!

Find in store

The opening citrus and aldehydes are like bottomless Mimosas; sweet, fizzy and boozy. The woodsiness creeps in like a slow-burning incense you didn't even realize was there. A sensual seduction of chypres awaits you in this Beverly Hills boudoir. Almost church like but has too much of a naughtiness interwoven with the oakmoss and vetiver to be a strictly Catholic mass incense. I'm thinking more...Laurel Canyon sex party, sunken living room, coke on silver trays. Debauchery served with a side of modern 80s career woman. Now, why does she terrify me so? There are a few reasons….I’ll probably cry (as I associate her with that wonderful time in my life…of being madly in love, with the ONLY man that I’ve ever truly loved), and because of the memory of how insanely STRONG I recall that she was. I have become more sensitive to certain things, even things I once loved (but can absolutely no longer tolerate). I fear that Ms. RED could be a very real migraine threat to me now. To smell her again, may leave me in a puddle on the floor, sobbing AND with a MIGRAINE to boot. My first love (and only true love for many, many years) died relatively young and RED, for some reason, reminds me heartbreakingly of him. Anyway, it was hot, so we went over to a Park to sit down. I immediately opened it. And sprayed on my wrist. It was pretty potent, a tad old fashioned ( which I adore) and very powdery.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment