276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Mind Over Mother: Every mum's guide to worry and anxiety in the first years

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

And whilst you are anxious you are committed to being the best mother you can be and yet never seem to think that no matter what you are doing is good enough. The most powerful tool Anna has to communicate this isn't the letters after her name, it is the fact that she is open about her own experience of maternal anxiety.

Perhaps you recognise the general feeling of fear bubbling in the background like white noise that has become part of the soundtrack to your life. Giovanna Fletcher, bestselling author of Happy Mum, Happy Baby 'Anna is breath of fresh air - relatable, funny and wise' Sarah Turner, bestselling author of The Unmumsy MumBaby-proof the house; panic-proof the mum. Habits are habits because they are so much easier to engage in, regardless of how unhelpful they are.Whilst I would have agreed a few years ago, sighed and eye-rolled with a half-smile, it saddened me because I now believe there is more for all of us. After reading Anna's book and taking time to complete the optional tasks at the end of each chapter I instantly felt the weight lift from my shoulders and the cloud shift. Anna's words are like a blanket that wrap you up and give you great comfort, helping you to realise you are not alone in what you are feeling. A worthwhile read (and further investment of time) for any mother who finds themselves struggling to enjoy the ride of parenting their children because of fear, worry or anxiety.

With conversations on Maternal Mental Health on the rise, and more women speaking up about the way they feel, Anna Mathur’s insight as a psychotherapist AND mother make her someone you feel you can trust. Divorced and struggling with deep-rooted mental health problems, Bella Mackie ended her twenties in tears. Motherhood is a massive change for any woman and the waves of emotions and feelings that come with it can be frightening.

It’s so reassuring to know that other people have been through similar experiences and this book has helped me to recognise flaws in my thinking that I hadn’t even noticed. Finance is provided by PayPal Credit (a trading name of PayPal UK Ltd, Whittaker House, Whittaker Avenue, Richmond-Upon-Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom, TW9 1EH). In many ways, it’s great that social media gets us talking openly about some of our feelings and thoughts as mothers. It provided some reassurance and practical tips (breathing exercises, for instance) but I'm not sure it will have a lasting impact on me.

Read more about the condition New: A new, unread, unused book in perfect condition with no missing or damaged pages. In Mind Over Mother, Anna Mathur, psychotherapist and mum of three, explains how to:* Understand anxiety, why it affects you and what to do about it* Make your mind a kinder, calmer, happier place to be* Transform your motherhood experience by addressing your thinkingThe most powerful tool Anna has to communicate this isn't the letters after her name, it is the fact that she is open about her own experience of maternal anxiety.

What I learnt from sharing my most private pain with a semi-professional problem-solver was that the mere act of asking for help was, in itself, healing. I have killed several people (some brutally, others calmly) and yet I currently languish in jail for a murder I did not commit.

Mind over mother will make a perfect gift for anyone who suffers with anxiety - mother, mother to be, or not. With over 6 million of the world’s best eBooks to choose from, Kobo offers you a whole world of reading. The long out-of-print 1978 novella by the brilliant Lynne Tillman catalogs a series of encounters and relationships spanning the 60s and the 70s. I also hadn't realised that I had suffered with mild PTSD after the birth of my eldest daughter - it was like a lightbulb moment making sense of that time. The author's honesty about her own struggles with mental health is relatable and endearing; it makes all of what is being written feel just that little bit more accessible and sincere.Change country: -Select- Albania Algeria American Samoa Andorra Angola Anguilla Antigua and Barbuda Argentina Armenia Aruba Azerbaijan Republic Bahamas Bahrain Bangladesh Barbados Belarus Belgium Belize Benin Bermuda Bhutan Bolivia Bosnia and Herzegovina Botswana Brazil British Virgin Islands Brunei Darussalam Bulgaria Burkina Faso Burundi Cambodia Cameroon Canada Cape Verde Islands Cayman Islands Central African Republic Chad Chile China Colombia Comoros Cook Islands Costa Rica Cyprus Czech Republic Côte d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast) Democratic Republic of the Congo Denmark Djibouti Dominica Dominican Republic Ecuador Egypt El Salvador Equatorial Guinea Eritrea Estonia Ethiopia Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas) Fiji Finland France French Guiana French Polynesia Gabon Republic Gambia Georgia Ghana Gibraltar Greece Greenland Grenada Guadeloupe Guam Guatemala Guernsey Guinea Guinea-Bissau Guyana Haiti Honduras Hong Kong Hungary Iceland India Indonesia Iraq Ireland Israel Italy Jamaica Japan Jersey Jordan Kazakhstan Kenya Kiribati Kuwait Kyrgyzstan Laos Latvia Lebanon Lesotho Liberia Liechtenstein Lithuania Luxembourg Macau Macedonia Madagascar Malawi Malaysia Maldives Mali Malta Marshall Islands Martinique Mauritania Mauritius Mayotte Mexico Micronesia Moldova Monaco Mongolia Montenegro Montserrat Morocco Mozambique Namibia Nepal Netherlands Netherlands Antilles New Caledonia New Zealand Nicaragua Niger Nigeria Niue Norway Oman Pakistan Palau Panama Papua New Guinea Paraguay Peru Philippines Poland Portugal Puerto Rico Qatar Republic of Croatia Republic of the Congo Reunion Romania Rwanda Saint Helena Saint Kitts-Nevis Saint Lucia Saint Pierre and Miquelon Saint Vincent and the Grenadines San Marino Saudi Arabia Senegal Serbia Seychelles Sierra Leone Singapore Slovakia Slovenia Solomon Islands South Africa South Korea Spain Sri Lanka Suriname Swaziland Sweden Taiwan Tajikistan Tanzania Thailand Togo Tonga Trinidad and Tobago Tunisia Turkey Turkmenistan Turks and Caicos Islands Tuvalu Uganda United Arab Emirates United Kingdom Uruguay Uzbekistan Vanuatu Vatican City State Venezuela Vietnam Virgin Islands (U. The book is marketed as a guide to worry and anxiety in the first year, but having read it, I can see this adding value at any stage of motherhood. Giovanna Fletcher, bestselling author of HAPPY MUM, HAPPY BABY'Anna is breath of fresh air - relatable, funny and wise' Sarah Turner, bestselling author of THE UNMUMSY MUM Baby-proof the house; panic-proof the mum.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment