276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Christian Dior Hypnotic Poison EDP Spray for Women 100 ml

£29.425£58.85Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I think the EDT and and EDP would be lovely layered on each other. They are only slightly overlapping in the notes. Really quite different. I feel this is signature scent worthy, great for all seasons. It’s just so comforting and warm. I can see this being worn in the winter OR even summer! Cold nights out, warm days. The beach, a bonfire. Versatile. Calming. Smooth. 🕯️ Overall the EDP is not as complex as the EDT, but still complex enough compared to most of the stuff out there.

Not a blind buy. No way. Especially because I find it very mature and a little bit vintage. I am 31, and for now, I have never smelled any girl in the 20s wearing it, and around where I live, thank God tho, coz I do not like to smell like everyone, what a nightmare. You absolutely can tell that the EDP and EDT of Hypnotic Poison share the same DNA. However, compared to the EDT, the EDP is less sweet, more powdery, more dry, and a bit dusty. I got recommended this first time by a pregnant sales girl (thank you!) and she said it smells like delicious birthday cake! So I sprayed, and oh yeah it was cake alright, but why on earth do you want to smell like cake? So you can be eaten alive? Cheers!I don't think the current version of this is the HP I first smelled years ago. It was very distinctly a Poison flanker as were all of the flankers, but now it's more just a standalone perfume, albeit a nice one. It's nowhere near as strong now either. Now upon first spraying it, I really did not know what to expect. I was in a rush to get into the car when I was spraying my perfume and I guess because I had such high hopes I was expecting something like Dior Addict. During the first 10 minutes of me spraying, it smelt like a generic perfume smell and I could not distinguish the notes. I was so disappointed. Not a “spray and go” perfume (unless you REALLY want to make an entrance), I wait till the dry down to venture out.

Cough syrup? Eh, if La Petite Robe Noir didn't have the cherry note (I feel the urge to add - and if it was a good perfume, pardon moi), they could be cousins or even half-siblings. LPRN eau de cough syrup pissed me off but I'm of the opinion that if you like it, you have a high chance of liking Hypnotic Poison EDT.I’ve been wearing Hypnotic Poison since it came out, before all the unfortunate reformulations, and when I saw this EDP, I thought it might be something closer to the original HP. If you didn't like the marzipan note, coconut and sugary sweetness of Hypnotic Poison EDT, this could be for you. The EDT and EDP have very different constructions. The EDT sort of sings with clear and distinctive notes going through a progression. The EDP is more like cake batter, all mixed up. Perhaps its the sambac jasmine and tonka bean. Whatever is it, this one will keep you guessing.. in only the best of ways. One week after smelling Hypnotic Poison for the first time, I bought the 50 ml bottle. The bottle is beautiful, by the way – since it resembles a red apple, it had me expecting something fruitier. Clearly, I was wrong – there is nothing fruity about this scent – but also pleasantly surprised! In my opinion, completely unisex! There are much sweeter "feminine" smelling fragrances marketed towards men out there. Don't let the "for women" scare you, there's nothing dangerously feminine about this.

But of course I'm very bias and maybe different circumstances surrounding my introduction to this fragrance would have a very different reaction. I think it is one of the fragrances that got it just right. For me. Excellent projection and diffusion, hold and longevity. My wife loves it anyway and I always try to get her to save it for special occasions just because it has such a, ... well... 'Hypnotic' effect on me(I also get a similar effect from PRADA Amber, but Amber requires patience before it reveals that soft, tangy, vanillin 'heat' that is much more carnal and brutally passionate than Hypnotic Poison).I LOVE this stuff! It's a burning, syrupy licorice, vanilla and almond with a dusty powdery vibe to it. I almost get cherry too, but it's not in the note listing. Quite linear on my skin. This fragrance has such a comforting, fuzzy feel. I get a bit of the fuzzy root beer in the opening, a tad bit of coconut sun tan lotion and the almond and vanilla base. A bit syrupy and oily, I love it! A great 🥥, Vanilla, almond scent. Bought Dior's Hypnotic Poison EDP because I smelt the EDT in the shop and loved it, so decided to upgrade to a perfume so that I could get the most mileage out of the scent.

I'm basing this perfume on a decant of the EDP from Surrender To Chance. It's OK. I liked it when I first put it on, but as I wore it over the day, I mostly got sweet powder. And vanilla. It reminds me of L'Heure Bleue without the heady florals. Or Shalimar, which sadly comes across as pure powder on me. Hypnotic Poison EDT is one of my absolute favourite fragrances. The EDP is a dark and decadent treat, but has little in common with the EDT. I would recommend seeking a sample or decant to try before investing in a full bottle. Especially as the prices can be silly given it is discontinued. This is a vanilla-nut fragrance that just skirts being a gourmand. While there are notes here that I do like—the classic Poison plum opener is there, the combination of rose and coconut is a winner, as is rosewood—the nutty, earthy smell repels me. I have a deep and personal hatred of nut smells (except coconut), and putting bitter, woody and muddy almond in a perfume is my idea of a nightmare. Adding carraway in there too, and it reads as just bitter and dirty to my nose.If you want a sweet, gorgeous, pretty fragrance, try poison girl. If you want your almond to call the shots, and entice people in, go EDT Hypnotic Poison, if you want a mysterious, alluring, all rounded but not sweet at all fragrance, EDP Hypnotic Poison is for you. Batch 0M01 : I've had this little 30ml bottle for a few years now. I bought it from a friend who needed a little money. At the time I wasn't exactly thrilled about this scent. I'm only now starting to take an interest, after having bought BDK Velvet Tonka, which instantly reminded me of this one; so I located HP from deep within the recesses of my closet to compare them side by side. You want to spray on your skin and not your clothes. On fabric the perfume doesn’t really get past the top floral notes. This one is interesting, rich, warm and, ultimately, a soft fragrance. But a “stronger” version of the EDT it is not. The EDT and EDP are VERY different scents.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment