276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Kick

£3.995£7.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The poorly paid labourers, the uncomfortable working conditions, the tyrannical foreman with his rotan, the punishments, the blood, the sweat, the tears. Kick starts full of information about football, which as somebody unfamiliar with certain terms, I had to take my time with taking in the story.

Kick - Mitch Johnson - Google Books Kick - Mitch Johnson - Google Books

The book shows his struggles trying to earn some money to support his family and to make it is a professional footballer. This first part of the novel could have been tightened up and then the tension would have continued through to the gripping finale. Before his uncle's death, he said to his nephew that he could use it for his life as he knew that Budi wanted to be a professional footballer and this was the lifeline that his uncle had provided for HIM for Budi to fulfil his ambition with his poor chances.It had too much more than I expected from a children's book about football, which I have dealt with a lot lately.

Kick by Mitch Johnson | WHSmith Kick by Mitch Johnson | WHSmith

Despite his vastly different circumstances, he is like any other child of his age and young readers will be able to identify with his passions. I gave it three out of five stars and I was very pleased about that because when I picked it up, I honestly thought it was going to get two stars so I'm glad I actually ended up enjoying it.Mengingat terjemahannya begitu mengalir, walaupun ada beberapa yang terkesan masih dipaksakan, terutama dalam dialog Budi dan teman-temannya. It makes you laugh and cry, devastates you and gives you hope, and leaves you wanting to change the world. Despite this, the book is ultimately about the triumph of hope and the importance of hanging onto your dreams. Keputusan tepat MJ— lebih nyaman memanggilnya begitu HEHE— mengeksekusi konfliknya secara perlahan dan menyenangkan, tak ada kesan terburu-buru di bagian manapun, hanya saja karena di puluhan halaman pembuka seperti yang kupaparkan di review sebelumnya— tepatnya penghantar konfliknya bisa kubilang sangat membosankan, karena itu 3. I can see other children having the same problem, especially those who are not familiar with popular football teams and players.

Kick by Mitch Johnson | Waterstones Kick by Mitch Johnson | Waterstones

It will also raise an awareness of important issues such as child labour, lack of the human rights many of us take for granted in some parts of the world, and corrupt authorities. They have the posters on the walls, they can name all the players, they worship their favourite player and they never miss a game.It is rumoured that the coconuts have this special milk which brings good fortune to those who drink it and everyone is scared of climbing the tree because it is far too tall and dangerous. A vividly told story that has lots to say about the world, and the importance of hope and fate, represented here by Real Madrid. A deflected kick of the football that smashes through the local tyrant’s window and sends Budi’s life into a whole new direction and puts him firmly in the sights of the Dragon. At the end of the book, there is a scene which is entirely embroiled in crime and it ends in Budi surviving with his father (although his uncle sadly dies) and he ends up with millions of pounds in cash.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment