276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Ritual: A Dark College Romance

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Would I recommend this book? Yes. Remember, this is a work of fiction. I’m only recommending this to readers that can handle Dark College Romances that can handle the dark elements in this book. This book has many triggers; I’ve listed them in my review, and the author has them in the book. If you are like me and love these books where you have a sadist OTT J/P MMC with FMC is a masochist, this book is for you. Now, prepare yourself because when Ryat and Blakely take the vow together, you will go down a path like I did that questions everything. Finding out kinks that you never knew you could like, but these two made you like them. (Now I understand some readers are bothered by certain things, which is understandable, just know these two as a couple are not vanilla. What they do in this book works for them, which is why I loved Ryat and Blakely together.) Ryat is a sadist and likes inflicting pain, while Blakely realizes she likes pain, especially since she’s new to it. My favorite thing about Ryat is that he doesn’t judge Blakely when he asks her what she could be into and acts it out for her. Yes, he’s not a judgemental a-hole like her ex is in this book. Ryat is Blakely’s first for everything in this book, and I was glad it was him and no one else. These two were made for each other, and they didn’t even realize it. Only two things that weren't really for me was pregnancy trope (just my preference) and I felt the book was perhaps abit too long, though I guess there wouldn't have been as many smutty scenes lol Some of the novels she read have left her laughing, others smiling while others have had her in tears. They have made her grateful for the life she had or have made her compare her own life to what she reads. Read this book if you want to read a dark romance, with a secret society, an amazing plot, excellent character development, and relatable characters.

Unsere Protagonistin Laikyn ist auch sehr blass gewesen. Sie weint nur rum und zeigt nicht einmal ihre Stärke. Diese gibt es anscheinend auch nicht. One day, I realized he was not who I thought he was. It didn’t change anything, though, because I was already too far gone. If anything, I fell for him harder. People think growing up with money is freeing, but I promise you, it’s not. My entire life has been planned out for me. I never got the chance to do what I wanted until Ryat Alexander Archer came along and gave me an option for a better life. He offered me what no one else ever had—freedom. This series gets better and better with each book. And it is entered into "reasons why Shantel Tessier is just top tier"

Publication Order of Seven Deadly Sins Books

The characters in the story are simple but relatable and this is such an amazing book. Made readers’ cry, laugh, happy and excited readers got the chills so many times toward the end of this book. It completely blew reader’s mind. It managed to surpass high expectations of the reader. The world-building is so fully fleshed out and amazing that it’s almost as if author traveled to such a place, escaped from it, and then just wrote it all down. The sex is explicit, there are some things with wax-play, but it was also boring because the H+h fell into insta-lust without any relationship-building. Not saying that the author can’t write it because Sabotage was absolute filth and the characters had a better reason for their hate dynamic. In short, I thought there were a ton of disconnects. Between the plot, the characters, the build up. There were multiple scenes that I thought didn’t make sense in relation to the book. I won’t say how I would have liked the characters to be, because this is not my work and I respect that this is how Shantel envisioned her characters, but for me, it was a miss. Needless to say, it was hard for me to finish this book. It wasn’t keeping my attention. Which really was a let down for me, because I was ready for Tyson. You have Laikin Minson who is one of my favorite FMCs honestly. She manages to be badass while also being forced to marry Tyson, her sister's ex-boyfriend and alleged "murderer". I mean the dining scene alone is a perfect example of that and it is one of my favorite scenes of all time honestly. Men like Tyson Crawford need a sacrifice, and he’s made me realize that I’d willingly be that for him”

Ich glaube, das Hauptproblem ist einfach, dass ich mit dieser Welt, den Sitten und allem, was dazu gehört, einfach nicht klarkomme. Mir ist es einfach zu extrem und auch oft zu viel … Laikin doesn't want to marry him but Tyson doesn't give her a choice. Trapped in his cage but what will happen when secrets start to come out? I was nervous about the secret society aspect since it’s not my favorite trope. The LORDS is an underground society of the world’s most powerful people and their offspring. Ryat has gone through some troubling actions to get initiated and even once he was through, the rituals were barbaric at times. They are judge, jury and executioners but they do live by a code. There were so many twists and turns in this story surrounding the LORDS and I wasn’t entirely prepared for some of the surprises we learn towards the end. Matt is just an awful dude and kept me on my toes as he eluded everyone time and time again until the end.I really enjoyed reading this book! I've seen it pop up on my feed several times so even though it wasn't on my August tbr I dived right in. This book has drama, suspense, murder and lotssssss of spicy smut. You get to read about the world of L.O.R.D.S which is very interesting to say the least. I want to read the other books in the series to get to know more of their society.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment