276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Wild

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Sabrina tenses from her seat. She was cool with every part of this move. The bears have her scared shitless though. I vowed I wouldn’t let her get killed by a bear. Despite all our researching and classes, we’re still city folks. It’s all fun and games until someone sees a bear for the first time. When she was having the baby, that entire part she referred to him as Dad, which was, pretty disturbing, yup. EDITED: I've added a paragraph from Val's review at the end containing a "spoiler" which really shouldn't be a spoiler. I think these type of triggers should be stated in the blurb... and let's face it, by this time a lot of people already know what this book is about.

The Wild - K. Webster - Google Books

What gets me is if your son dies due to a snake bite what makes moving off the grid to the middle of the wilderness sound good? I understand running from a bad reputation but hell, you could’ve moved out of the country. It just seemed like an extreme choice. Baneberries. Those are poisonous. We don’t need you going into cardiac arrest.” She stands and makes a motion with her hands. “Step away from the white berries if you want to live.” I love this book, I don’t even want to admit how many times I’ve read it because it makes me feel naughty lol. But now Kristi is about to put out a third book in the series I decided I needed a refresher. Yeah, because I don’t remember every forbidden detail by heart. 😉The twist that is suppose to make less taboo really doesn't make a difference. He raised her as his daughter. She is his daughter. The simple face they don't share blood doesn't make it someone okay.

The Wild by K Webster (ePUB, PDF, Downloads) - The eBook Hunter The Wild by K Webster (ePUB, PDF, Downloads) - The eBook Hunter

This is definitely a polarizing book but if you’re all about extremes and don’t have triggers read this book. I guarantee you won’t be disappointed. I bought this book a week ago while on vacation. I had no idea what it was about except that it was taboo (which I normally love). I wasn't even aware of all the drama until today when I finished DNF'd the book and logged in to GR.

I just think all this drama is kind of ridiculous, though, so I had just had to say my piece on that. The Wild is an extremely taboo story. Most will find that the themes in this book will make you incredibly uncomfortable. This book is only for the brave, the open-minded, and the ones who crave love in even the most dismal of situations. Extreme sexual themes and violence in certain scenes, which could trigger emotional distress, are found in this story. If you are sensitive to heavy taboo themes, then this story is not for you. I’m not gonna give anything away but Reed’s logic confuses me. It’s just a personal opinion that it better to rip a bandaid off than peel it off one hair at a time. So after receiving criticism, for saying that I didn't want to read this book. Readers who have read it stating that I was missing out all the twists and turns and being unfair! I decided to read it to see if I was 'missing out'.... going in with the hope this author could make this taboo subject work. I even knew they weren't related. SHE FAILED!

The Wild Series by K. Webster - Goodreads

If you can't separate certain issues from the fact that this is fiction - whether that be due to a moral, preferential, or trigger standpoint - then you should absolutely skip this book. Devon and I had to keep on living while Sabrina got to live in the past. With him. Obsessed over the memories they shared. Suspended in a time that doesn’t exist anymore. Plot contrivances. This book is full of it. From their reason for moving to the wilderness in the first place to the "plot twist" all of it felt like one big convenient plot device. Great cover on this one. Perfect representation of the hero and story. Great composition and interesting title work. I do think if the photo of the man was a little lighter it would have added a bit more depth to the cover but other than that, good job. The trigger warning that the author includes is more of a challenge. She basically says that if you are close minded you can't handle it. Now, thats pretty broad and I know a lot of people like to think they are fairly open minded. However, when you are dealing with a subject that is THIS polarizing and potentially distressing to some, an appropriate, more specific warning is responsible and necessary. I think the author was being intentionally provocative and while I support books about all kinds of topics and feel that censorship is bad because it denies discussion, I do think that the author was careless about some readers feelings. Do I think that was intentional? I hope not; but, it is careless and provocative none the less.I really enjoy the story itself. It's constructed in a realistic way that makes you want to go on and see what else is going to happen to these two, although unlikable, still intriguing characters. The warning to me is almost irrelevant at this point because this book, with a warning or not, is so over the line, so appalling to me on so many levels, I honestly don't even have words. This is not romance. This is not erotica. A more acceptable warning for this book would be "DON'T READ THIS BOOK. PERIOD." Devon squats to inspect a plant and I notice a bush with many berries. Her dog sniffs around and his ears perk up when he hears a sound beyond the trees.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment