276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Outside Broadcaster: An Autobiography

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It has given me the opportunity to do a huge number of things and I am glad to be able to pay some of it back. For his successor he has nothing but the warmest praise: “She’s a charming lady with a wonderful voice, consummate broadcaster and a great sense of humour”.

His departure marks the latest in a recent spate of male BBC stalwarts to desert their posts – some, it seems, more willingly than others. His little prose book Provincial Pleasures is a miniature masterpiece: looking at the town in twelve essays, one for each month of the year, he shows the interconnected lives of the inhabitants, the wildlife, the daily work, the intrigue, the small psychological and spiritual dramas of a tiny provincial town in the late 1950s. whose proud boast was that he'd had 43 engine outs and lived to tell the tale" might mean something to you, but not to me it doesn't!in which we head west to Wasdale to talk with one of Cumbria's living greats; broadcaster, author, film-maker and former sheep farmer Eric Robson OBE. I look forward to this new role immensely and will do everything I can to continue to support our members as we navigate the many new challenges our industry now faces. The organisation’s new-look Executive Board will select a new chairman when it meets for the first time next month. When asked to describe what he does he’s been known to say that he’s the electronic equivalent of a jobbing plumber. But he wrote about the town, its inhabitants, and the nearby landscape and geology of the Lakes in a unique way.

Eric’s successor as president is current Cumbria Tourism chairman Jim Walker, who has a breadth of senior management experience in a range of public and private sector roles, such as the chief executive of the Lake District Estates Group and head of cultural and tourism services at South Lakeland District Council.Sometimes you look at the audience and think it is a bit risqué, but it is always best to just say it – there are two million listeners out there who will love it. I bought an unused petrol engine of a fellow club member it came with a tachometer and the instructions said to disconnect the tachometer before flying. Eric Robson, who is one of the directors of the company, was Wainwright’s walking companion in the classic television series. After the war he was appointed as a lecturer at Manchester University and soon became known as an authority on the Eighteenth Century, especially in its American and military aspects.

It was a very simple format and the simplicity of the format saw it through the changing fashions that affected so many programmes. When asked to describe what he does he's been known to say that he's the electronic equivalent of a jobbing plumber. Robson says that is an accusation so familiar it has become clichéd, and was first levelled at the programme when he took over in 1994.Radio 4 newsreader Kathy Clugston, who will become the show's first female host, said she was "honoured and excited" to be stepping into the shoes of "the great Eric Robson. between 1929 and 1936, he took the fullest part in all sides of school life and endeared himself to many. Throughout his long-standing service the 72-year-old says he’s enjoyed watching how the pastime has changed. Thanks to a superbly experienced and skilled board of directors together with the most brilliant staff team we have come through this and supported Cumbria’s valuable visitor economy to the very best of our ability.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment