276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Lesbian Gym Lockdown: Submitting to the Gym Queen

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

She and co-author Alisa Surkis were nominated for a Lambda Literary award for The Big Book of Lesbian Horse Stories, which won the Diagram Prize for oddest title. What keeps the story fun and interesting are several mysteries that Bobby is compelled to find answers to, and a hot bed of crushes and romances between the varied and quirky characters. An erotic short telling the story of how Keira learned she was a lesbian when her obsession with the hottest girl in the gym became more than just lustful admiration.

I liked that there was real world reference to that but that the actual story revolved around characters acting like being a lesbian was common.The next in the Career-Girl series, and so far the only one to take place largely away from the Magdalena Arms.

Nolan's convincingly resurrects the career-girl romances of a vanished era, and even manages to cross-pollinate the genre with that of the boarding school mystery. It reminds me a lot of Beautiful Ape Girl Baby, and how Fowler used humor to address close-mindedness in our society. When the mystery was solved at the end of Lois Lenz, Lesbian Secretary, I thought it was a bit silly.We took a bus to the elimination game, fidgeting in our seats and wondering out loud if the other team was any good. Perhaps the girl investigator territory should be ceded to Mabel Maney and her Nancy Clue; Bobby Blanchard is stout-hearted and a dab hand with a field hockey stick, but no intellectual match for a crime-solving professional. I understand that seventh-graders need supervision in the locker room, but it seems to me the school should know that it may not be appropriate to have a lesbian in the locker room with young girls. The only references to the actual issues of being gay during that time period or that the characters had any inkling that being a lesbian is cause for problems was that their clubs get raided and they have to hide in the basement when it happens. Lois Lenz took 80% of the novel to figure it out (despite making out with women through the whole thing).

I’m sure it’s because I’m a woman, but not having men around really does make a big difference in terms of feeling safe in an environment.Miss Watkins, a guidance counselor (who was the guidance counselor in Lois Lenz, Lesbian Secretary) visits Bobby in the hospital and reminds the sad athlete of her teaching credentials — and says there is an opening for a gym teacher at Metamora Academy for girls!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment