276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Gary Barlow Organic Red Wine, 75cl

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Wine is part of growing up and shared experiences. Where you’ve travelled informs your palate and that’s translated into the wines I’ve created,” he added.

As for his choice of Spanish wine, Gary explained his long connection with the country: "Spain has an extremely special place in my heart – it’s a land of firsts for me – the first time I left the country for a holiday, the first place Take That ever played in outside of the UK and now my first wine!"

Schaafsma has already secured his organic grape supply for future vintages with the view of expanding production in line with demand, and Barlow is keen to expand the range beyond wine to embrace spirits, starting with an English gin. While the description for the white notes; "This organic white blend is pale and bright in colour, displaying aromas of lime and pear, cut by a gentle note of anise."

When it became an option to make organic wines I knew we should go for it. Being organic doesn’t take anything away from the wines when it comes to the taste, which is the danger. I was really pleased that we could go down the organic route,” Barlow said. When it came to his own wine, Barlow knew his reputation would be on the line if the liquid inside the bottle didn’t cut the mustard. “We’re at this point where everyone partners with everything, it’s the norm now, so it comes down to who you want to be partnered with and what you want to be remembered for,” he said.

Review

The red is describes as; "A rich, smooth red wine that is redolent of bright, autumnal evenings with layers of damson, cocoa and rosemary. The palate is delicately textured and finishes on a bright note of fresh cranberries." Speaking exclusively to the drinks business, Barlow revealed that launching a wine brand is an ambition he’d been turning over in his head for years. He developed a taste for wine in his mid-twenties, when a friend opened his eyes to the delights of Bordeaux. Keen to learn more, he started buying claret from Berry Bros. & Rudd and attending its legendary lunches. Gary Barlow Organic Red, meanwhile, is a blend of 2020 Tempranillo and Syrah that doesn’t see oak to allow the purity of fruit to shine through. Juicy and fruit-driven, it offers notes of “wild berries, rosemary and a hint of chocolate”. The white is a blend of Verdejo and Viura from the 2020 vintage. Fermented in stainless steel, it spent two months on its lees before bottling. The result is a “zesty, refreshing, white with aromas of lime, pear and anise”.

Choosing the red was a no-brainer, as it was the wine that really stood out in the line-up as the most delicious – it’s a lovely lunchtime red that you can have a couple of glasses of without feeling too heavy. It’s fresh and vibrant.” According to Harrop, the medium-bodied red displays “beautiful balance between the fruit concentration, fresh acidity and fine tannins”, making it a versatile food wine. The blending session was exciting,” Barlow told db. “I’d like to think that when people think of me they think of quality, so when they drink my wine it’s got to taste good. It was really interesting comparing the wines side by side – I was surprised by how different they tasted from having had just a small percentage change in the blend. Once the wines had been crafted, Barlow was presented with three iterations on the red and white and had the final say over which blend made it into the bottle. When I first got into wine I only drank French and didn’t entertain the idea of anything else, but I fell in love with Italian wine while on holiday there, and I’ll try anything now,” he told db.

#Tasting Notes#

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment