276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Arabian Delights Coconut Chocodate - 100 gm

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The cunning part was when the inventor of Chocodate decided to replace the date stone with a whole almond. The contact person was polite, willing to work with me about my choices, they were on time, polite and the food was delicious! Experience the enchantment of tea time with friends, where stories unfold and secrets are whispered over aromatic chai and delicious Arabian cookies. Each time I had a Chocodate I found myself thinking “These would be so much better if somebody decided to bring out a posh version with some proper chocolate” and that’s more or less the thrust of this review.

Best served piping hot and soaked in a plain or rose-flavoured sugar syrup, many eateries boast their own version of the dessert.This deliciously creamy bread and butter pudding is slightly differently to the kind eaten in the West, with puff pastry or torn-up croissants layered in a large dish with pistachios, dried coconut flakes and sultanas or dates.

Yet on our first route here in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, where we’d come to check out unclimbed desert towers in Wadi al Disah, I’d been struggling for an hour to leave the ground…. We don’t share your credit card details with third-party sellers, and we don’t sell your information to others.To discover an easily accessible region, in such a culturally fascinating place, unknown to the climbing world with multiple towers and countless other unclimbed walls was a once in lifetime treat. Mild in flavour and surprisingly light, it’s an easy option to make and eat compared to other regional treats. Its base ingredients include rice, milk, sugar and syrup – often made with rosewater, which is what gives it a distinctive flavour.

The multi-faceted dessert, which originated in Turkey, is crafted from filo pastry, stuffed with an assortment of nuts and drenched in sticky, sweet honey. Chefs from Syria and Lebanon were hired to replicate these sweets just the same way as they are prepared in the Arab world. We drove out of Al’Ula across a high plateau into a region of jagged peaks before a long, winding descent into the Disah Valley or Wadi al Disah, in Arabic. These are very frequently available in many supermarkets in Qatar, yet I somehow never got around to trying them assuming them to be of poor standard. These scrumptious deserts are ideal for all occasions in which people share their joy with family and friends or equally suited to munch after a meal at home.These mouth-watering delicacies are different from the local sweets as the finest ingredients are used in their making. It’s a standard issue 30% cacao milk chocolate and it doesn’t really deliver much in the way of a taste experience.

A number of hip Emirati eateries have tweaked the humble khameer to appeal to contemporary tastes, with combinations that include Nutella, peanut butter and jam, and sweet apple pie. The area of interest to us was Wadi Al Disah, a complex area of sandstone canyons and pinnacles in Tabuk province in the North West. Though much of the exposed rock is too fragile for climbing, there is endless potential to explore new boulders, crags, canyons, and summits. The day of 18th December 1992 dawned on the city of Lahore with a new exotic taste of Arabian Sweets for its inhabitants. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average.Wadi al Disah came onto my radar in late 2019 when a Saudi friend and new climber who was visiting the UK showed me a picture of a tower shaped like a Saturn V rocket, soaring above a green oasis of palm trees and tall reeds. They are usually stuffed with date paste and crushed nuts, and pressed into decorative moulds before baking.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment