276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Hornit CLUG Bike Rack Wall Mounted | 5 Sizes | Easy To Install

£8.995£17.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

How does the price compare to that of similar products in the market, including ones recently tested on road.cc?

Hornit Clug Bike Rack review - MBR

Tell us what the product is for and who it's aimed at. What do the manufacturers say about it? How does that compare to your own feelings about it?No, the Clug won't be for everyone, for every application. That's the beauty of cycling being a very broad church – there's room for innovation and specificity all over the shop. If the Clug looks like it will meet your needs, you won't be disappointed. Verdict The premise of the Clug is simple: it's a clip that grips your tyre. That's it. Screw to the wall, insert bike. Done. Pull bike out, ride. Obviously something based on tyre size is going to need to accommodate a wide range of widths, so the Clug comes in three sizes: Roadie (23-32mm), Hybrid (33-42mm) and MTB (43-62mm/1.8-2.5in). I've reviewed the Roadie and Hybrid sizes. This time it took 55N of force to pull the bike free - so for a halving of PSI, the force required dropped by 15%.

Review: Hornit Clug | road.cc

It can also double as a coathook, bag hook, for a rake, electrical cords... the list is pretty much endless. At road.cc every product is thoroughly tested for as long as it takes to get a proper insight into how well it works. Yes lots of us do have bikes for seasons, it's pretty normal/de rigeur. N+1 and all that. As for ride my damn bike more? I've covered just short of 2,000 miles this year, and that's been curtailed because of injury and illness. bike hangers on british train which also do not fit bikes with wide tyres, or bikes with deep section rims, leaving a small subset of bikes which can actually be stored as intended In the box are the Clug, instructions, and two screws and plastic plugs, for use in masonry or plasterboard. As with any DIY, you should be aware of what you're drilling into, and depending on the size of bike and surface you could always opt for a more solid retaining mechanism such as spring toggles. Once the body of the Clug is drilled to the wall, the curvy insert snaps into place and you're done. What worksI have two of these - instead of fixing directly to plasterboard I used a strip of painted wood with multiple plasterboard specific fixings then screwed these into that. Avoids any chance of pull-out. If you’re using this for long term storage then when you mount the Clug screw a strip of Velcro in behind and use that to wrap around the rim once the wheel is in the Clug. The only niggle is I chain the bike up, the chain is heavy and the weight has pulled the road bike out of the clip once of twice., you just need to be careful how you position it. If appearance or space aren't considerations then a simple hook will likely function fine for less money, but where the Clug Pro works brilliantly is areas where space is a factor, or where a minimal design is more welcome, such as within a home or office space, taking up almost no space when a bike is not in place.

Hornit Clug Hornit Clug

best solution to that problem, put a zip tie behind the clug when you install and tighten the bikes with the tie to the clug , so if even if one comes down, the whole series doesn't crash down. The design depends on an amount of bulge in the tyre compared to the rim – a 'lightbulb' profile – for the Clug to grip. So if you are running 23mm tyres on a 23mm rim, it possibly won't have enough rubber to hang on to. The Clug Pro is very minimal, even claiming a drop in weight over the standard version, though even as an ardent weight weenie I cannot think why lighter would be an important factor here. Easy to fit With an inflated tyre plugged in it’s plenty stable, and the horizontal option means as long as your tyre is the right ballpark size (this XL version fits 2.3in to 2.7in rubber), you’re good to go.OK, so a week further on, another test. This time the tyre's down to 14.5PSI (as measured with the same digital gauge). an average of the other scores: it reflects both a product's function and value – with value determined by how a product So, to summarise, sorry, we are all entiteld to our opinions, I am not having any of this, I disagree sir, nice looking product and nicely marketed and all that, but fundamentally design flawed and ergo I say not fit for purpose. For horizontal use, a mudguard protruding below the centreline of the wheel might cause issues – a soft flap should be fine, a plastic or metal guard would be likely to jam or bend. Maybe experiment with height to get a good-enough hold below the hard mudguard on the exposed wheel section.

Clug Pro | road.cc Review: Hornit Clug Pro | road.cc

The Hybrid Clug is spec'd for tyres of 32mm minimum, but when holding a road bike horizontally I found it gripped the 22mm outside-width rim just fine. The 28mm tyre wasn't touching anything, but as all it's doing is providing a tiny balancing force this wasn't an issue. Longer-term storage I thought initially that a toe-strap was the ideal answer, but then it dawned on me that you could do away with the Clug altogether and just screw a toestrap to the wall with apropriate penny washers, and have pretty much the same result. Maybe it would be a bit floppy from side-to-side I suppose though. A Clug can accommodate pretty much all adult wheelbases – a very small person's time trial bike paired with a strapping six-plus-footer partner's extra-large 700C audax machine will be fine, as Clug states a 'working range' of up to 8ft. There are five different sizes of the Clug Pro available, in the same ranges as the standard Clug, which should cover the majority of bike tyre sizes. We designed CLUG to be a great fit with just about every bike tyre out there. We sell five versions of the CLUG - one to fit standard road bike tyres between

\n\t\t\tCLUG MTB Bike Storage- White/Black

We also have three different MTB CLUG's to fit fat mountain bike tires between 1.75 - 3.2’’ (44mm and 81mm). CLUG holds bikes up to a maximum weight of 20kg (if you need a roadie it's up to 13kg).

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment