276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Service Crew: The Inside Story of Leeds United's Hooligan Gangs

£4.495£8.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

They surprised the couple, who turned out to be two blokes who jumped up and ran away after being disturbed. Same as Chelsea and Leeds to an extent - numbers game often wins the day when you swamp places and are accustomed to bully ups. Many of the most shocking incidents in British football history have involved the hooligan followers of one Leeds United.

But it also is a lot 'drier' in that you do sometimes feel that you are just reading a timeline of where Leeds United hooligans went to cause trouble. I told a couple of lads and went outside to be faced by two ugly twats, one a skinny wanker, who said, ‘I’m Hibs, who are you? Leeds United have a well known football firm known as Leeds United Service Crew, in 1985 when football hooliganism was very popular in England, the BBC Six O’Clock News made a special report regarding the worst football firms causing mayhem up and down England, with Leeds United Service Crew listed amongst the worst five clubs. I wanted to gain an understanding of this sub culture in football through my favourite team, what i found was a story where my own upbringing will always mean that i won't ever fully understand what drives these people but it also highlighted how it developed and then ultimately fell in popularity and for that its worth a read.

It could have any of 2-3 thousand lads who were only doing the same thing, namely following their team and getting in a few rucks. As result of this, Leeds United were banned from European competitions for four years, however this was eventually brought down to two years after an appeal. With Millwall we start in our teens into our twenties, we meet and settle down with a sort, have kids but don't stop being active up until our late fifties/early sixties. On 11th May 1985 a 14 year old boy died at St Andrew’s Stadium when fans were pushed by police onto a wall which subsequently collapsed following crowd violence at a match between Birmingham City and Leeds United.

Having met many Leeds that used to get involved the dynamics for them and us are totally different, with Leeds from their teens to early twenties they would go everywhere and get involved for four or five years, then after meeting a bird settle down have kids putting football on the back burner. This books is different from those mentioned above as it is written by Caroline Gall, a journalist, in a more documentary type style with newspaper extracts and interviews of some of the main perpetrators of the fighting and hooliganism that occurred at Leeds United matches throughout the last 50 years.Leeds had the opportunity to get promoted back into the top flight so it was a massive turnout as 10,000 fans descended on the South Coast. There was not much ten of us could do but at least it was more than the twenty inside who didn't come out.

James Dooley is an entrepreneur who founded Away Grounds as he loves travelling to watch football matches throughout the UK. For 40 years they have run riot across the country, punching their way to international notoriety - yet they have remained the most secretive of all mobs. The City is for "the beautiful people" not a sniff of Burburry, Hackett, Stone Island and Henri Lloyd.It is a darker part of secret goings on in Leeds, but it is a part of the history of the city non the less and should be talked about. Anyone happen to know what dave talbots up to now, his name was mentioned on a clockwork corner discussion, someone said he has converted to Islam .

They emerged as the casual era dawned and, against the violent backdrop of the Miners' Strike, quickly became feared by their terrace foes. Apologies, I'm sure it has its nice parts and I was just basing my view on past experience, rather than any objective facts. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Brighton away a couple of months later was, however, a day that some Leeds lads can’t be too proud of. It was cold and wet and only 600-odd tickets had been made available but a few headed south to watch Leeds play in front of the smallest crowd of the season.Many of the most shocking incidents in British football history have involved the hooligan followers of one club: Leeds United. The 2007 game with the buses at Leeds a mate I worked with said his son referred to the Millwall there that day as 'Dads Army' because the core of our mob were in their forties and fifties. Leeds Service Crew Beer Mat Football Casuals Awaydays T Shirt | Original Dandy Lads Club Artwork And Direct To Garment Printed. By January 1987, the club's reputation for hooliganism was so bad that when they were drawn with non-league Telford United in an FA Cup third round tie, the Shropshire club refused to host the game at their Bucks Head ground; it was instead played some 30 miles away at the stadium of West Bromwich Albion. As I turned away, his fat, Boris Johnson lookalike mate came at me and stuck his fist in my face, with the weight of his twenty-two-stone body.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment