276°
Posted 20 hours ago

essie Original Nail Polish 748 Pillow Talk, Baby Pink, 13.5 ml (Pack of 1)

£4.495£8.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This is the ‘Not Red-y for Bed’ collection, and it features 9 shades. We have mostly pink and red tones, along with a neutral and a couple of blues! It’s a very interesting color scheme overall, and I can’t say I can immediately think of any other collections like it. I do love the idea of a more monochromatic moment with some complimentary shades. And that’s the collection! We have an interesting range of reds here, with some accompanying pinks and blues, so there’s a little something in there for everyone. Overall the formulas were super easy to work with, and I have no complaints! Essie usually has pretty consistent formulas, so I’m glad to report it keeps up that way with this collection. And another more unique shade to my collection! I ended up loving this shade, it’s perfect for the colder days as well. Essie – From A to Zzz

Pjammin’ All Night’, with a great name, is a cool-toned more cherry red base with bright pink shimmer to it. Again, more cool-toned, and there’s almost a pink flash to the shade. Now we have two blues. Listen, I’m not sure either why we suddenly have two blues in a collection with “Red” in the nail, let’s just not think about it too much. Up first is our lightest shade of the bunch. ‘Pillow Talk the Talk’ is a super light, pearly and shimmery ballet pink shade. I had ridges and patches after that 1st coat, though it builds up well in 2 coats. For most people you’ll be set with those 2 coats, but I did add a 3rd to fully cover and smooth out my super ridgey nails. Essie – Pillow Talk the TalkThe consensus seems to be that pearl nail polishes definitely fall into the sparkle category, though the particles of shimmer are softer and reflect light more gently than both frost and glitter finishes. Up next we have ‘Gossip N Spill’. This one is such an interesting shade of red, it’s almost hard to fully describe it. It’s almost a more berry mauve, with some orangey shimmer, yet some deeper red tones. Did you get that? Just look at the photos.

And here you can see that little peek of a bright pink flash to it. So beautiful! Essie – Pjammin’ All Night The Snuggle is Real’ is a peachy-toned beige cream shade. I had some ridges and patches after the 1st coat, but it was fully opaque in just 2 easy coats. The formula is very smooth and glides nicely onto the nails. It’s a lovely nude shade for my specific light skin tone. Essie – The Snuggle is Real You know, Essie collections have started coming, and they won’t stop coming. (Yes, that’s a Smash Mouth reference there, I am NOT sorry). In the past couple of years, Essie has really ramped up their releases per year, and it can sometimes be hard to keep up. Like for example, in 2020 I have folders for ELEVEN collections that released. And that’s not even including the Gel Couture releases, the ‘Roll With It’ collection and technically, this one also released in 2020.

hundreds of nail polish shades and counting, find the perfect salon-quality nail color you're looking for here.

Our namesake of the collection, ‘Not Red-y for Bed’, is a stunning cherry red cream shade. It definitely pulls more cool-toned with blue undertones to it. Slumber Party-On’ is a warm-toned medium pink cream shade. This had a lovely formula and was opaque in 2 easy coats. Nothing else to say here, it was super smooth and painted on so nicely. Essie – Slumber Party-On This is a cream shade sitting right in between blue and purple, a true blurple. It pulls more purple on the nails, but you can definitely see the blue tones to it. This had a little more of a squishy formula, with a little more sheerness to it than a normal cream shade – that’s what I always mean when I say “squishy”. It’s a little uneven on the 1st coat. But a 2nd coat easily smoothes it all out and makes it fully opaque. Essie – Wink of Sleep As you can see there are a few brushstrokes, which can happen with pearly shades like these, but they’re not super noticeable on the nail outside of my bright lights. Essie – Pillow Talk the Talk

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment