276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Round Tower

£8.495£16.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

From the very start, this story had me hooked and although we don't see much from Irene's point of view, it is about her - and what a wonderful hero she is. We see her faced with an unbearable life and how she survives...I don't give spoilers. However, the rest of the characters are all influenced by her in many ways - from love to hate to sorrow to adoration. She is an amazing character and although she is 'silent' she has a very strong voice. Finally, after flying through time and landing in 1968 without any explanation, he buys her the entire county of Surrey so they can just build a house that’s miles long and has enormous ceilings! Catherine Cookson was one of my mom's favorite authors, and so I decided to read this book in her memory. I've come to realize I never paid attention to the genres she liked: historical romance, family relationships, Danielle Steel, etc. Aside from children's classics like Little Women and A Little Princess, there are probably less than 5 titles we've shared. And, just in case you wanted to feel sympathy for the guy married to the world’s dullest girl, or the girl trapped with the world’s dullest marital rapist, they give you one last smug sendoff:

The Round Tower 1998 Catherine Cookson part 3/5 - video The Round Tower 1998 Catherine Cookson part 3/5 - video

This is one of those stories where a man and a woman from different classes fall in love. However, there is so much more to the story than that. Es simple, divertido, violento, clasista y mil cosas más, que todas equilibradas correctamente dan lugar a un libro que no podés dejar de leer, y tampoco podés dejar de pensar en el cuando no lo estás leyendo.Odavno me neki roman nije ovako "zakovao" za fotelju i natjerao da bjesomucno listam stranice da saznam šta će biti dalje...

The Round Tower by Catherine Cookson Detailed Review Summary of The Round Tower by Catherine Cookson

Posle te noći, ona gubi moć govora, zazire od muškaraca i nalazi utehu u jednoj kući, ja sam zamislila to kao domaćinstvo, kod jedne dobre duše koja se zove Bela, i koja u svojoj kući i nemaštini u kojoj živi ima još dvoje ljudi koji rade kojekakve poslove za hleb, čorbu i prenoćište. Till I started to compile a list of books that I had read I didn't realise I had read so many Catherine Cookson stories. Forgotten the title or the author of a book? Our BookSleuth is specially designed for you. Visit BookSleuthHow the main character, Renee/Irene, looked upon and loved Bella not as a grumpy, stumpy, ugly woman but as beautiful, loving & caring and a mother figure. Divna drama koja slikovito prikazuje englesko društvo pred početak II svj. rata i nakon njega. U centru radnje je misteriozna žena koja je žrtva porodičnog nasilja, odbacena od svih i koja se bori za egzistenciju u surovom svijetu. Ajrin se pojavljuje na vratima advokatske agencije u dronjavom kaputu i haljini u kojima je viđena poslednji put pre 26 god. Naravno, čovek je u šoku i želi da zna šta joj se desilo i gde je bila, ali ona je u toliko lošem stanju da on zove sestru koja vodi starački dom ne bi li joj pružili negu i povratili moć govora. On the wedding night, after he chases out his drunk mom’s huge drunk lower-class party full of people who don’t want to better themselves, Vanessa gives him a chaste 50s kiss that turns into a superhot 50s pulp kiss. Finally he pushes her away, overwhelmed! Woo! You go, you crazy kids and your sexual tension! Catherine Cookson: The Round Tower / The Fifteen Streets / A Grand Man / Feathers In The Fire / The Blind Miller.Complete and unabridged

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment