276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Marvel Legends Series 6-inch Cable

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Stryfe formed an army (the New Canaanites) in the Nor-Am Pact region 3783-3806 of the alternate future where Cable had been originally transported. To combat the villain?s acts of destruction and death, Nathan joined a mutant-human uprising called the Clan Chosen against Stryfe and his New Canaanites. It is here that he chose the name Cable. With Over 80 Years Of Comic Book History, Marvel Has Become A Cornerstone Of Fan Collections Around The World. With The Marvel Legends Series, Fan Favorite Marvel Comic Universe And Marvel Cinematic Universe Characters Are Designed With Premium Detail And Articulation For Poseable And Displayable Collections. From Figures To Vehicles To Premium Roleplay Items, The Marvel Legends Series Offers Elite Character-Inspired Product For Marvel Fans And Collectors. Additional Figures Each Sold Separately. Subject To Availability. Marvel Universe In 6-Inch Scale: Look For Other Hasbro Marvel Legends Series Figures (Each Sold Separately) With Comic- And Movie-Inspired Characters, Including Deadpool, Marvel'S Domino, And Wolverine. (Additional Figures Each Sold Separately. Subject To Availability.) There’s also a little “open” holster attached for ones of Cable’s pistols to fit into that holds the gun snugly and works far better than I anticipated. The angry, growling expression etched on Cable’s face is wonderfully expressive and suited for the character’s gruff personality, and the translucent yellow “glowing eye” effects piece for his left eye is marvelous. This head is so much fun and a big win for Hasbro.

Cable has both telepathic and telekinetic abilities; in other words, he can read minds and move objects by simply using his mind. He can also manipulate the thoughts and bodily functions of others, even from vast distances. If he chooses, he has the ability to disassemble objects or form defensive force fields. However, Cable has had to use his telekinetic powers on a regular basis to prevent the techno-organic virus from infecting the rest of his body. Since being cured, he has been able to refocus his powers accordingly.

Cable is proficient in wielding numerous types of firearms and has also wielded the Psimitar, an Askani weapon that channels his psionic powers. Cable is a highly accomplished warrior and battle strategist, a skilled operator of many types of vehicles, and highly adept at many forms of hand-to-hand combat and in the use of a variety of weaponry from both the 21st and 39th centuries. Damned Doppelganger Madelyn Pryor-Summers (mother, deceased), Jean Grey-Summers (Phoenix/Redd Dayspring, stepmother, deceased), Scott Summers (Cyclops/Slym Dayspring, father), Rachel Grey (Marvel Girl, alternate timeline half-sister), Nate Grey (X-Man, alternate timeline half-brother), Hope Summers-80521 (spouse, deceased), Aliya Jenskot (spouse, deceased), Hope Summers (adopted daughter), Tyler Dayspring (Genesis, adopted son, deceased), Alexander Summers (Havok, uncle), Gabriel Summers (Vulcan, uncle, deceased), Christopher Summers (Corsair, paternal grandfather, deceased), Katherine Anne Summers (paternal grandmother, deceased), Deborah Summers (paternal great-grandmother), John Grey (maternal step-grandfather, deceased), Elaine Grey (maternal step-grandmother, deceased), Stryfe (clone, deceased) Overall: As much as I yearn to do so, I can’t award this classic Cable Marvel Legends figure the ‘A’ I had really hoped to. The open left hand is utterly useless when not supporting a big effing gun, the metal arm could really use a paint wash, and the add-on costume bits are just too cumbersome and wobbly for my tastes. Soldier X, X-32, Nathan Winters, Nathan Dayspring Summers, Son of Tomorrow, Man of Tomorrow, Traveler, Chosen One, Nathan Dayspring Askani'son Once the peg comes undone, Cable’s shoulder pads are free to sag off his shoulders, which looks downright ridiculous.

Marvel Movie-Inspired Design: Figure Features Premium Design, Detail, And Articulation For High Poseability And Display In A Marvel Collection. I both love and hate this harness. I’ll get to my gripes about it shortly, but on the positive side, Hasbro did a bang-up job making this add-on piece look accurate and impressive. There’s loads of paint deco and a paint wash on the harness, and the fact that it allows this Cable figure to have SEVENTEEN pouches spread out over his body is pretty hilarious.Premium Articulation And Detailing: This Quality 6-Inch Marvel Legends Series X-Men Cable Figure Features Multiple Points Of Articulation And Is A Great Addition To Any Action Figure Collection.

When his powers are depleted, Cable replaces them via technological means, employing the Dominus Objective information filter to access the global information network ("infonet"). He uses this to replace his telepathy and the "Cone of Silence" gravimetric force field generator to provide a sheath of force that he manipulates to replace his telekinesis. He also once houses an encyclopedic intelligence system dubbed "Professor," while having access to a space station called "Graymalkin" that provides body sliding and time-travel capabilities. The primary thing that drives me nuts about this figure is the way that Hasbro executed the harness with Cable’s pouches, shoulder pads, holster and so forth on it.The way that Hasbro was able to create such a unique-looking figure without creating a 100% new mold is by utilizing an add-on costume overlay harness that attaches to the underlying body mold for Cable. And speaking of guns: Cable comes with three different guns. Someone will complain that Cable has unrealistic “Nerf” guns, but I’ve got no issue with it—he’s from the future, after all. I haven’t really heard anyone else complaining about these issues, but floppy/insecure add-on costume pieces are my biggest gripe with Hasbro Marvel Legends in 2018, and Cable has by far the most troublesome instance of the problem to-date for me. In addition, while the paint deco on the harness add-on piece is tremendous, Cable’s cybernetic left arm really needed a paint wash on it as well. It looks unfinished to me as-is with no paint detailing on it.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment