276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Jennifer Lopez Miami Glow Eau De Toilette Spray, 100ml Fine Fragrance from an Approved Stockist

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I think, if you did like Glow - in it's early form - the CR oil is a must try - your almost certain to love it more - & there's almost nobody who doesn't like or even love, the clean, fresh, but slightly sweet (as in a slightly floral sweet, not candy sweet,) delicately present scent - it's a classic - a 'modern' classic - although technically, I think it was a 70's perfum, originally - it really was a huge 90's hit - my aunt always said, in the early 2000's after Glow had been quite huge, that CR (oil,) was the best, of the popular, early 90's scents - & literally, you cannot go wrong with it - the original version - the vanilla version is adding something that doesn't suit it - those delicate green notes are beautiful, & it the way it mingles with your skin, espc in warm weather, you just don't need a vanilla note - it's perfect as is. (& in the 90's - there just weren't silly amounts of new perfumes issued - no endless flankers, just a few - ppl often wore 'classic' designer perfumes, then, when I was a little girl - the fact that CR was so huge - at that time is significant - it stood out, amongst the Chanel's & YSL's - which wasn't easy - ppl loved that 'brand' identity, so it had to be v good for anybody to choose that over those. The reform of Glow, has even more 'cyanoacrylate' ie, superglue in it - which totally ruins it for me - once you smell that you can't get past that, I think - & even previous fans may be hard pushed to keep wearing it. After flirting with the idea of purchasing this scent for a number of years already, last week it arrived in the mail and I've since given it a couple of wears.

a b Tyrangiel, Josh (August 22, 2005). "Jennifer Lopez - 25 Most Influential Hispanics in America". Time. Archived from the original on September 1, 2010 . Retrieved October 22, 2012. J-Lo perfume - Glow and Still reviewed". Pinkfridge.co.uk . Retrieved March 3, 2012. [ permanent dead link]

Still by Jennifer Lopez is a comforting fragrance. I received it the other day, tried it out, didn't think too much of it, and tried it again a few nights ago...well, it's one of my favorites now. Funny how that works sometimes. It does not make a huge "statement" but as an everyday scent, it is marvelous. And to be honest, most of my days are "ordinary" where I am either at home or school, not out at a special event. I would consider it to be office-safe, and a good choice for a bedtime fragrance. I think it is the earl grey tea note that makes it so special. It is always thrilling to find something that one adores for such an affordable price. I think this is a good choice for folks who may be intimidated by spicier scents, but want to give them a try. It’s inexpensive, crowd pleasing, and well balanced spice so it’s not overwhelming.

Orange blossom and the dry musk must give that sunny feel to me seeing that I get that vibe from Glow and some other perfumes with it. That "sunny note" orange flower/orange blossom is also in Marc Jacobs Honey and Golden Sunflower and I get the sunny/dusty feel from these as well. As Fresh Cut Lilacs dries down it brought me some of that orange flower/orange blossom in Honey and Golden Sunflower (by BBW), as if youre walking in a spring valley under the hot sun. Soothing, and dare I say zen! When I was walking around the local mall around the holidays (smelling everything I could get my nose on of course) I was so glad I was wearing Still! Smelling it down my shirt was a bit of a "nose palate cleanser" like wow! Wear this if you get a bit anxious in department stores! I did wear this to work the other day and that’s usually the litmus test of how a perfume performs on me. I could still smell Glow lingering after about 4 hours. That’s outstanding for any perfume much less one this cheap. Also, it’s summer and that can be bad for certain scents but I feel like the warmth of this one held its own. It didn’t turn on me and it wasn’t overpowering. I can see how this fragrance isn’t going to be everyone’s cup of tea. It’s a very musky, white floral, quasi-old lady scent. To me, it smells classic and refreshing. This was a blind buy and I am really pleased! Totally worth the money. The top notes are *wild* and make the majority of this perfume. Coconut that's reminiscent of pina colada (100% surprised there's no pineapple in this). The sharp, bright, airy freshness of grapefruit is wildly distinct (very "Daisy"/"Chanel Eau Tendre" to my nose in that sense), and the passionfruit lends a sliiiiiiight juicy and noticeably tart edge to it! a b Silverman, Stephen (December 20, 2002). "J.Lo Still Glowing, Despite Lawsuit". People . Retrieved March 3, 2012.

Reviews

It's hard to describe it, but as Jennifer Lopez says, this is soapy and clean, and sexy. Sexy like a confident woman getting out of the shower, feeling sexy and confident in her own skin and body, no make up or frills, just a white cotton t-shirt and cheeky underwear, walking around her house, pouring herself a glass of water. This is a universal, appropriate for any occasion clean smell. It is a bit sharp and screechy, but it just makes it even better. It isn't medicinal or bug spray like Infusion D'Iris by Prada, it is soft, but noticeable, and just so fresh, clean, and perfect. One spray is already enough, but you can douse yourself in it. Jlo's Glow has had a consistent place in my collection ever since a friend started wearing it in highschool around 2005. Usually, I am not a fan of neroli or tuberose. I also very much dislike celebrity fragrances. I don't usually reach for soapy scents either. Yet somehow Glow brings all of these notes together to produce a juice that is slightly warm, musky, feminine, addicting and fresh and I am absolutely hooked. Glow is ever so slightly sweet, has a feeling of Love's Baby Soft but not so cloying and aggressive. In my mind this is JPG's Classique for women's younger sister and if you own both you might understand what I mean; Glow has the same syrupy skin scent as Classique but without the complexity. I have not moved this to hate though and left it in dislike because strangely the shower gel and lotion aren’t too bad. They don’t really even smell like Glow, but they also don’t smell synthetic really and are pleasant enough. So there’s that.

a b Jones, Geoffrey (February 25, 2010). Beauty Imagined:A History of the Global Beauty Industry - Geoffrey Jones - Google Books. ISBN 9780191609619 . Retrieved October 22, 2012. I first came across JLo’s Glow nearly a decade ago in my sister’s closet. It was a gift from her best friend (who, ahem, is now my husband) and all I remember thinking was “I don’t like this” as I smelled it on the bottle. I never tried spraying it. a b "Jennifer Lopez and Lancaster Group Introduce New Fragrance 'Miami Glow by JLo' at Her First Ever Runway Show". New York: PR Newswire. February 12, 2005 . Retrieved March 3, 2012. I have often heard this referred to as a clean, fresh and soapy fragrance. To me this smells like something rancid. There is an unpleasant scent of sour milk that turns my stomach. It smells like this on my skin, on paper and from the cap. Sandalwood might be the culprit for me, all the other notes are ones i generally like. Sandalwood can often be harsh, unpleasant and sour to my nose. I think the musk used here also gets a little skanky on my skin.

Shop With Confidence

I keep thinking maybe I just got a bad bottle or something because the way people describe it sounds totally up my alley.. Beachy, summery, sorta sexy - everything I love but I was so incredibly disappointed and confused upon first sniff. Sunkissed Glow by JLo is the fourth flanker endorsed by Lopez. [23] It is inspired by a tropical scent of breeze and the steamy sun; it has notes of flowery and fruity orange blossom, water lilies and passion flowers. [23] It was created by Caroline Sabas. [29] Robin from Now Smell This said "Sunkissed Glow is nicely done and gets a plus in my book for not smelling like candy... despite the fact that I'm not usually a huge fan of coconut in perfume, I prefer the original Miami Glow. It was just more fun. I understand it can still be found at some of the discount chains, so you might want to try both scents before you make up your mind." [29] It is available in 30, 50, and 100ml Eau de Toilette. [29]

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment