276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Briwax 400g Wax Polish - Dark Oak

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

These 13 tips on how to make a small bathroom feel luxurious will be the perfect guide for any bathroom renovation! Liquid Beeswax with Pure Turpentine is a traditional liquid wax that nourishes wood and gives an authentic finish to furniture.

Mylands Traditional Wax Polishes are still manufactured to original recipes which are over 100 years old. My name is Medina and I am an IKEA-loving-Upcycling-junkie, DIY-passionate-home-decor-crazy-renter, mother and wife. This may not be new news to you but if you are a new reader here then I’d thought you might like to know! Without adding clear wax as the first step, you’ll be rushing to get the dark wax off and will be left with splotchy marks (unless that’s the look you are going for). For a more subtle stained effect, apply thinly with a lint-free cloth and within 20 minutes, wipe away cleanly and evenly.One of the simplest and most beautiful ways to give an antique look to a piece of painted furniture is by applying dark wax. The following are suitable for use under this range of waxes: Light Fast Stains, Non Fade Ground Stains, Earth Stains and Waterbased Stains. Be cautious if applying 3062 Clear Matt over a dark coloured surface such as 3161 Ebony or 3169 Black.

Transparent colour (one coat): with Osmo Flat Brush, Oil Finish Applicator Fleece (Hand Pad Holder) or Osmo Microfibre Roller, apply very thinly to the clean and dry wood surface along the wood grain and spread well. Two coats can be applied on wooden furniture, doors and joinery, but only one coat on flooring – as a second coat of Osmo Polyx®-Oil is required. Made with 100% natural bristles with soft tips which gives fine control in achieving the desired effect. When using 3111 White as the first coat on flooring, a second coat of 3040 White from Polyx®-Oil Tints is recommended to avoid yellowing. I tend to use cloths I have at home that have been washed a million times so they don’t seem to shed anymore.Otherwise, for furniture and joinery a second coat of Wood Wax Finish can be applied for a more intensive colour tone. Intensive colours allow the wood’s natural grain and character to remain visible after the first coat, however these characteristics become hidden after the second coat. Also, the clear wax allows time to ‘play around’ with the effect you want and it allows you to take more off or add more on smoothly and easily. Multi-purpose cleaners such as washing up liquids and detergents are highly detrimental to the finished surface and is not recommended to be used as discolouration or staining may be possible. You can take off the wax altogether with mineral spirits (paint thinner) and then add the clear wax again.

Can i use the clear wax as the “sealer”, followed immediately with the dark wax or do i need to seal it with a traditional sealer before i use the clear and dark wax to antique it? Easy to apply and buff the Briwax Original wax will give your wood and wooden furniture a long lasting, satin sheen.They can also be applied over shellac based sealers such as 2000 Pale Shellac Sealer Basecoat or Lacacote Wood Sanding Sealer – the latter being a higher build shellac based sealer, ideal for use under wax as a quick and easy finishing system. I’m not wanting to paint them but more so just update them if possible but I’m not sure how to go about it.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment