276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Crap Taxidermy

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Dave drinks two dozen Coors in the woods with friends. Dave shoots bear. Dave pays taxidermist to turn bear into furniture. Dave puts bear in living room. Dave’s kids wet bed until they’re 33. The chapter explaining how to taxidermy your own mouse was particularly fascinating, but I don't think I'll be giving it a go myself! But even for those of us who don’t necessarily enjoy the idea of killing animals for the sake of impressing dinner guests, somehow it’s not all that difficult to be amused by terrible craftsmanship Should I tell you that I am one of the rabid followers of all things relating to The Bloggess and on one fateful day while perusing my local thrift shop my life was changed forever? There was a downside to our new relationship, though. Since I work a full-time job, Mitchell found himself lonely just hanging around all day. It was high time he had a friend. My husband had his eye on an alligator head at a local antique store, but sadly it had already been sold. However, the powers of the interwebs are remarkable and I soon found not just a head, but an entire alligator for a bargain price (due to bad stitchery, stuffing leakage, and a missing (but completely unnecessary) hand). Frank Engator entered our life and I found myself getting high off the big score . . .

In the meantime, Su maintains her day job as an active-wear designer, but says she’s actually going to have to try her hand at taxidermy. For real. a few of these examples aren't in the book itself, but they are on the blog, and they are pretty damn creepy, so worth including. Of course, proper taxidermy is primarily reserved for hunting and fishing trophies, and it sort of works like this:For the book, she is going to write a tutorial on how to stuff a mouse. And her good friend, Daisy Tainton, happens to be an insect preparatory for the Museum of Natural History, and also a hobbyist taxidermist.

and here is a list of books on the topic that i either own already or really want to own already, that you can read while you are waiting for this book to come out in september: Crap Taxidermy makes the promise of an entertaining and comedic read concerning distasteful and terribly positioned taxidermist “art”. The author starts off by explaining that taxidermy can come in two speeds: well done, and crap – you can guess which the book focuses on. Regardless of the author’s note that the book does not mean to be disrespectful, but rather shine a humorous light on the strange and unique works. The author includes quite a few photos: all of which are high-definition and full color. Not only does Kat Su provide an interesting and humorous -- or depressing, depending on your view of the world -- array of crazy taxidermy, but she also includes step-by-step instructions for stuffing a mouse on your own. Not something I'd want to do, but a nice addition for a book on taxidermy! It’s called @CrapTaxidermy, and it’s completely dedicated to images of the very worst animal mountings.There’s a section with step by step instructions on performing taxidermy on a mouse. It would have been much better if the author had included a picture of her own project. Five years later, I’m so excited to report that I finally said yes to a publisher this February. After months of nonstop hard work, Crappy Taxidermy is finally going to live up to its full potential and become a book, thanks to the efforts and talents of the amazing people at Octopus Publishing Group, Ten Speed Press, Inkwell Management, and the photographers, artists and taxidermists who contributed to the project. Why? “Because I have no life,” she says, and in that respect at least she has plenty of company. Visit her apartment today and you’ll see a two-headed rabbit, a squirrel holding a gun, a fox that is itself wearing a fox stole and, yes, a mounted deer head. (“That one’s actually pretty normal.”)

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment