276°
Posted 20 hours ago

January February: The Best of Barbara Dickson

£25.975£51.95Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Barbara appears as the musical guest in 8 episodes of the BBC's "The Two Ronnies", seen weekly by 20 million viewers. Billy Connolly says of Barbara, “from the very first time I heard her, her voice just nailed me to the wall. She’s just a one-off.” The accolades she has received over the years undoubtedly recognise that Barbara has been touched with a gift that is of great importance to her and, more importantly, to her audience. Barbara and partner, 'Spend Spend Spend' writer Steve Brown, win TV quiz show 'Pointless Celebrities'' music special on November 14th.

In July, Barbara is invested with a Doctorate of Music (honoris causa) at the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland.In February the single "I Know Him So Well" with Elaine Paige reaches the top of the charts giving Barbara her first UK # 1. Between August and November, Barbara tours as part of 'Far Far From Ypres', the story of the Scottish war effort during WW1. The Liverpool Arts and Entertainment Awards name Barbara as Best Actress in Theatre ActressIn Theatre for the show.

In November sheappears in 'Memories - A Tribute to Women inthe War' alongside Geraldine James and June Whitfield. Born in Dunfermline, Scotland, Barbara’s love of music was evident from an early age – she began studying piano at the age of five and by twelve had also taken up the guitar. She developed an interest in folk music whilst at school which led to floor spots singing at her local folk club. After relocating to Edinburgh, she went on to combine a day job in the Civil Service whilst steadily pursuing her first love, music, in local pubs and clubs. Official Independent Albums Chart Top 50 | Official Charts Company". www.officialcharts.com . Retrieved 24 February 2022. The next few years saw her gradually ‘paying her dues’ on the Scottish and English folk circuit, steadily building a reputation and working with the likes of Billy Connolly, Gerry Rafferty, Rab Noakes and Archie Fisher. Early folk albums, which she recorded for Trailer and Decca Records, were well received.Barbara moves to Woodmill Junior High School. Her music teacher is Sandy Saddler, who becomes a great influence. Her first hit single, ‘Answer Me’, was released early in 1976 and a guest residency on the BBC’s hugely successful ‘The Two Ronnies’ show later that year brought Barbara into the homes of more than 15 million viewers on Saturday evenings. Caravan Song" is eclipsed by "January February" which Epic rush-release in January. The new single reaches # 11 on the charts.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment