276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Mens Bavarian Oktoberfest/Causal Lederhosen Socks Pairs - White

£5.995£11.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Almrauschen would be your alternative if you are looking for cheap Oktoberfest costumes. If you walk down from Marienplatz to Isartor, you will see a store on the left side. I believe they offer sets starting from 49 Euros. There usually are a couple of pop-up stores around the central station as well.

Oktoberfest Gift Box 3-Pack | Happy Socks UK

a white Dirndl blouse (something like this, don’t be scared, you are wearing it underneath your dress ;-P) For a guy dressing for Oktoberfest in Munich, there aren’t as many accessory options as the women get, but there are still a few good ones. Similar to adding pins or feathers to decorate your Alpine hat, you can create some flair on your lederhosen by wearing a Charivari chain.What lady doesn’t spend as much time planning out their hair as they do their outfit? At Oktoberfest, your hair can be the final piece to really make your ensemble come together. The classic Hiedi look is to have pigtails ( or twin ponytails) secured with pieces of ribbon to match your dirndl. We often see women who even braid small meadow flowers, mini roses, or pieces of ribbon into their hair which can look great in modest amounts. Being more juvenile with your hair is totally fine as you can always balance it with a more adult dress style. For a full outfit at the cheaper stores, you can expect to pay something in between 150 and 250 Euros. Made in China, you might get it for less. An authentic traditional outfit for guys might cost up to 10,000 Euros. Just remember, you get what you pay for! Oktoberfest or the Wiesn, how the locals are calling it, is the biggest traditional folk festival in the world. Each year more than a million tourists visit Munich during the festival to enjoy the excellent Bavarian beer, traditional food, and music ( make sure to read my insider guide). But what would Oktoberfest be without Lederhosen and Dirndl? If you want to blend in, there is no way around buying an authentic Bavarian Oktoberfest outfit. Today, modern dirndl dresses have continued to become very fashionable while maintaining their traditional roots. The once simple Bavarian dirndl dresses now have elaborate designs, endless color options, custom embellishments, and tons of flair. Even if you can’t afford a really expensive hand-made dirndl, you need should get a proper dress instead of a cheap looking beer girl Halloween costume. The traditional Haferl shoes ( so something like this; try to match them to the color of your lederhosen)

Oktoberfest-Tracht: Tradition und Dirndlschleifen-Knigge Oktoberfest-Tracht: Tradition und Dirndlschleifen-Knigge

As a rule of thumb, you really need to keep your purse for Oktoberfest in Munich as small as possible. Not only are large bags not allowed inside the beer tents, but giant purses just aren’t very practical. Tiny clutches may seem like a good idea, however, it can get pretty difficult to drink massive 1-liter glasses of beer while always having to hold your clutch. Women’s Oktoberfest outfit: The Dirndl A traditional Dirndl for Oktoberfest | Pic: Nemoralis as CC for Wikipedia Generally speaking, a Dirndl should reach over the knees. Wear it shorter, and everybody will call you are a slut, wear it longer, and they will think you are a spinster. Also, remember that it can be quite cold in Germany in late September (especially in the morning). You don’t want to be freezing. What to do with your hair? Train Station Stands: Outside of the Munich train station are a number of temporary stands selling complete outfits. The quality isn’t great but they have a wide enough selection and are helpful in a pinch. You can get a shirt and lederhosen together for 60-120€, and with shoes for 150-180€. Dirndls with a blouse at the stands will range from 40-120€. The stuff here isn’t super high quality, but it looks decent and should be good enough to get you through a few days of partying. That being said, we have also have souvenier stand lederhosen that have lasted less than two hours of Oktoberfest before they ripped while sitting so you get what you pay for. When shopping for Oktoberfest clothing, know that there are tons of both online retailers and stores in Munich to get dirndls and lederhosen. If you want a great authentic piece that also makes a great souvenir, wait and get yours in Munich. (I do list “shop for trachten” as one of the best things to do in Munich.)

After various phases of ups and downs, modern traditional costumes with contemporary cuts and fabrics are once again in vogue at the Oktoberfest. However, these often no longer have much in common with the festive attire of the rural population. Whether you are married or dating, a bow tie to the right will tell everyone that you are in a relationship and don’t want to flirt. Technically speaking you could. I’m all for emancipation, and equal rights. But if you aim for those super short lederhosen in pink, I’m not sure whether that choice is all about girl power or one step closer to prostitution. So as a local, I’ll give you the well-meant advice: stay away from them ;-) How to tie the pinafore: left, right or middle & what does it mean for the boys? If you don’t want to waste time in Munich on shopping, get yours ahead of time. There are a ton of factors that go into when and where you get your outfits for Oktoberfest, but those are the main issues I hear the most. Below is a brief list of where to buy dirndls and lederhosen, but I have a full post dedicated to where to buy Oktoberfest outfits that includes a lot more shops and answers some big questions!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment