276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Winter Swimming: The Nordic Way Towards a Healthier and Happier Life

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

While that may the be the only dataset available, I would have appreciated a brief mention of the fact that there were no studies available (? Overall, it was a nice read to breeze through as I learned more on winter swimming but would not recommend and was disappointed as I was expecting a more quantitative book coming from a PhD perspective.

Winter Swimming by Susanna Søberg | Hachette UK Winter Swimming by Susanna Søberg | Hachette UK

The book is filled with beautiful colored photos of what she describes as people around the world doing cold water swimming. Don't get me wrong the history of cold water swimming was enlightening and the information on saunas was informative for me. lootsin siit veidi rohkem teadust ja konkreetsemaid seletusi selle kohta, kuidas külmas vees ujumine inimese organismile mõjub.This beautifully illustrated exploration of cold-water traditions in Scandinavia and around the world shows how it can have a significant positive impact on our physical and mental health, confidence and well-being, providing such a boost to body and soul. She would also talk about other benefits to winter swimming… mental health, inflammation, fitness with the caveat that it’s inconclusive.

swimming and immersion The Cold Fix: Drawing strength from cold water swimming and

Sehr interessantes Buch mit vielen wissenschaftlichen Studien, die sich mit Winterschwimmen beschäftigen. I've been reading all about the benefits of cold plunging for over a year now, and now reading this book about this ancient practice, I am convinced it has much value. huvitava faktina sain teada, et külmaks loetakse vett 14C ja allapoole, mis minu tagasihoidliku hinnangu kohaselt.

There were a few mentions here and there about obesity and weight loss that I personally found out of place and addressed quite superficially, like associating obesity with being comfortable as opposed to being active, to name one. A good book but not quite what I was expecting, which doesn’t seem fair because I can’t put my finger on what I didn’t like. ja natuke liiga palju oli siin juttu saunast, mis, jah, mingites kultuurides käib külmaveesuplusega käsikäes, aga autori enda sõnul tema kodumaal Taanis tegelikult mitte, alles viimase aja mood. Full of brilliant insights on the cold-shock response and its benefits for mood and the immune system, Winter Swimming is an inspiring book that will keep people working out all through the darkest months.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment