276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Quality Street Matchmakers Salted Caramel Chocolates, 120g ( Pack of 1)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I noticed Cinabar had these new Matchmakers Salted Caramel squirrelled away. She knows it doesn't usually work if she tries to hide caramel flavoured chocolates away from me. As usual these Matchmakers were produced by the Nestle brand of Quality Streets. It's rare that I don't like salted caramel flavoured chocolate treats. I do usually like anything flavoured with salted caramel, but one brand that I recently tried hadn't mixed the salt in with the caramel, and I was left with tiny bits of salt in between my old teeth for ages afterwards. Overall, these aren'tbad and I'm sure they'll go down a storm over the festive season if you like salty caramel flavours. They certainly make a nice alternative to the usual Mint and Orange Matchmakers. But they're a bit too much for me personally. In 2008, Nestlé rebranded Matchmakers as 'Quality Street Matchmakers', Quality Street also being a Nestlé brand. They are still available in 'Zingy Orange', 'Cool Mint' and 'Yummy Honeycomb' flavours. Anyway! I was craving shortbread the other day, and normally I would go for a plain shortbread recipe and add whatever flavouring I fancied however on this occasion, I wanted to make something a bit different and chocolate based! Pieminister’s limited-edition Festive Gift Box of 4 Pies, the flavours of which can also be selected as part of the Festive Mothership Kit, have also made a return for 2020.

In 2017, before Matchmakers reached its 50th anniversary, Matchmakers became available in a new limited edition 'Salted Caramel' flavour, and from the 50th anniversary in October 2018 another limited edition flavour of ' Gingerbread'. September 2019 saw another limited edition flavour's appearance in a sky blue box called 'Maple & Pecan'. [2]

Popular Posts

OK. Can I just point out that this is yet another brand that thinks nobody will notice if they fill up more space on the box with non-product-holding plastic. Such as the partition along the centre of the tray, or the 6 "feet" on the bottom. Poundland is also going to be selling a host of old school biscuit bars, such as Breakaways, Clubs, and Wagon Wheel's but all of the major supermarkets already sell these. Making the biscuit dough is really quite simple, as a basic shortbread is only three ingredients, and with the cocoa powder and orange added in, it’s still really simple. You have to make the dough, and roll it out onto a lightly floured surface and roll! Run-away Rocher, a doughnut dipped in sweet dark chocolate and topped with golden sprinkles, a rosette of milk chocolate butter cream and a Ferrero Rocher. FareShare South West has stepped up in a crisis to bridge the food gap caused by Covid-19, and through sales of these mothership kits, we can offer further support during this challenging time for so many.”

Since April this year, we’ve donated over 40,000 pies to this incredible charity but the need for donations has never been greater,” said Jon Simon, Pieminister co-founder and managing director. HERE's the full list of retro sweets being sold by Poundland and how prices compare to Asda, Morrisons, Sainsbury's, and Tesco: Rhubarb and Custard, 280g - Some of the major supermarkets sell their own versions but not the branded version Flying Saucers, 47g - None of the four major supermarkets sell this brand but Sainsbury's does its own version for 40p It’s Christmas season, the weather is colder, and all I want is something delicious. Honestly, I am not one for thinking ‘you can eat more at Christmas than you can at any other time’ as I believe that you can eat delicious food, all year round, but I do crave Terry’s that bit more at Christmas.Giving it a little more pizzazz I gave them a drizzle of chocolate, and a segment on each cookie – but that was just me loosing the plot slightly. Not even slightly essential, but damn tasty. Heaven in every bite. HEAVEN. The Match Made, a combination of milk and white chocolate topped with milk chocolate butter cream, two salted caramel Matchmakers and a Malteser. We all know that I am completely and utterly obsessed, and I genuinely doubt that it will ever change. Imagine dunking one of these into a Terry’s hot chocolate! I really should give that a go… Ingredients: Sugar, cocoa mass, glucose syrup, cocoa butter, skimmed milk powder, lactose and proteins from whey, whey powder from milk, vegetable fat, emulsifier sunflower lecithin, natural flavouring.

It’s Not Terry’s, It’s Yours!, a milk chocolate-coated doughnut, capped with a ring of orange cream, three Terry’s segments and lashings of white chocolate. Put a few mint matchmakers among the orange matchmakers and watch your family go from contentment to puzzled.I can't say I loved the flavour, but it's certainly a nice change from the norm of Orange or Mint and gives you the warm gingery spiciness you may be craving at this time of year (or rather, later in the year!). All in all, these are ok and I'll eat them at Christmas if offered but I still prefer Orange or Mint a lot more. Gravitational Galaxy, a white chocolate glazed doughnut featuring a salted caramel frosting, chocolate cake and four chunks of Galaxy caramel. I suppose the 6 feet might be useful if you were.... Errrrm, Ummmm, in case you errrr... Nope I can't think of a single reason for the feet, other than to minimise the matchmaker holding ability of the tray. Opening the box they had a super strong butterscotch-like aroma, so strong there was no way it can be natural. It's so overpowering.

Ingredients: Sugar, cocoa mass, glucose syrup, cocoa butter, skimmed milk powder, vegetable fat, lactose and proteins from whey, whey powder, natural flavouring, emulsifier sunflower lecithin, salt. In 2022 the 'Salted Caramel', 'Gingerbread' and 'Maple & Pecan' flavours have all been withdrawn and 'Yummy Honeycomb' and 'Coffee' flavours have returned with the name changing due to merging 'Coffee' and 'Salted Caramel' flavours to Caramel Coffee and cutting the name to Honeycomb. Home Alone with my Toblerone, a milk chocolate-dipped doughnut, rolled in Lotus crumb then drizzled with Lotus spread. I gave it a go, and they were delicious. However, I felt like the recipe was missing something – I wanted them to be MORE chocolate orange themed. Therefore, these beauties were born. A chocolate shortbread biscuit flavoured with orange, studded with terry’s chocolate orange chunks.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment