276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Bubble Magus Curve 5 Protein Skimmer by Bubble Magus

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

There are graphs and pictures that you can refer to if you feel that you can’t put the pieces together. We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.

If you’re willing to get past a bit of head-scratching in the beginning, the Bubble Magus Curve 5 is a fantastic option for just about anyone looking for a good, full-sized protein skimmer. One thing I noticed is that it’s very quiet for the performance it outputs. I’ve had smaller protein skimmers that had loud pumps and the sound of rushing water with half the performance. The BM-Curve 5 is pretty petite for a full-sized protein skimmer. We consider this a really good thing because its compact size keeps the footprint slim and allows almost any buyer to feel confident that it will fit in their tank’s sump. Features a powerful pump with silent operation – it doesn’t cause much noise or disturbance while it collects the waste from your tank You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:It didn’t take us too long to figure this out and it doesn’t ultimately affect the quality of the skimming, but it did lead to some unnecessary confusion and is likely to frustrate some users. At the same, you can easily take the protein skimmer out of the water and clean the internal parts thoroughly to keep it functioning. Although it’s quite straightforward to put together, the company’s representatives don’t respond promptly if you have an issue with installation. You will have to look for answers on online forums where other people can help you with their previous experience.

One thing I noticed is that there is a “break in” period for the Curve 5. On 2 of the models I set up, they started producing skimmate almost instantly- such as overnight. However, on the thirdmodel I set up, it took about 2 days for it to start producing anything. I was thinking of adjusting it, as there may have been something I assembled wrong, or maybe the water level was wrong. But then again, it’s a risk to mess with it during the break-in because you don’t know if it’s already set up correctly and just needs a bit to produce the first skimmate. Seeing as how the first 2 models worked instantly, it was hard to resist tampering with it. Despite its amazing features, there are a few things that you need to take into consideration before buying this protein skimmer.

How we use cookies

The protein skimmer is well-made and easy to assemble, so you can clean it easily for regular maintenance. I have had a number of skimmers in my time (around 35 years in the hobby) from various Tunze’s to my first Sander air driven skimmers so when it came to choosing a new skimmer for my new 2’2 cube reef tank with sump I took my time evaluating all the web advice on skimmers. I already had a Tunze 9002 nano skimmer and I could have used this at a push but I was never fully happy with this skimmer although I had been with previous Tunze skimmers. I soon found out there had been an explosion in protein skimmers over the last few years each proclaiming to be the best in their class. Grab the venturi and slide it through the hole on the side of the skimmer body until it slides over the top of the pump intake.

Although there’s a guide provided for the recommended water level, you can tamper with it a little to make sure that the protein skimmer is working the way it should.We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons: These skimmers are rated for water depths between 9 and 11.5 inches. Many modern sumps feature an adjustable baffle on the skimmer chamber allowing you to set that water level but you can also use an adjustable height skimmer stand to meet the required submersion depth. Point is, be sure the skimmer is submerged at the proper water depth from the start.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment