276°
Posted 20 hours ago

One Enchanted Evening: From the #1 bestselling author of uplifting feel-good fiction

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I loved this book so much that I devoured it in a day and a half. The characters were very well rounded and you instantly become invested in the storyline, the characters, and the beautiful old hotel.'

Published since 1995, her romance novels are set in modern-day England. She is the founder of the "Katie Fforde Bursary" for writers who have yet to secure a publishing contract. Katie was elected the twenty-fifteenth Chairman (2009-2011) of the Romantic Novelists' Association. She is delighted to have been chosen as Chair of the Romantic Novelists' Association and says, "Catherine Jones was a wonderful chair and she's a very tough act to follow. However, I've been a member of the RNA for more years than I can actually remember and will have its very best interests at the core of everything I do." One Enchanted Evening is set in the 1960s, I did love the descriptions of Nightingale Woods hotel in the beautiful countryside of Dorset. The hotel was brought to life perfectly and I had no trouble imagining myself staying there in one of the charming rooms. Katie Fforde is excellent at creating worlds. The characters in One Enchanted Evening are fantastic - each one is unique and lovable in their own way. I especially adored Ambrosine - she has such a big heart that you can't help but root for her throughout the novel. Her relationship with Meg was delightful and very special which made the story even better and it was wonderful to catch up with characters from past books. Although predictable, it is after all a 'feel good' romance novel, it is very well written. I loved the setting in Dorset and when I thought it a tad old-fashioned, I remembered it was set in the 1960s. I thought some of the characters were lovely, such as the elderly and mysterious Ambrosine, and I even enjoyed the stereoptypes too, who I think were written a bit tongue-in-cheek. Set in 1964, OEE follows the adventures of 22-year-old Meg as she sets off to help her mother run a small hotel in Dorset.

Among the Characters, I love the play on "found family" trope going among the staff of Nightingale Woods. I rooted for Meg, Ambroisine, Susan and her many relations. I find that they have great team work. Alexander ,'we all loved it at the time , now it seems desperately gloomy and and needs repair and decoration.'. Meg has always wanted to be a professional cook. But the year is 1966 and all over England restaurant kitchens are very firmly a male domain. Meg and her mother are very close, so when Meg receives a call from her mother Louise, who runs a small hotel in Dorset to help out with a banqueting event, she drops everything to go and help her. The hotel known as Nightingale Woods is old fashioned but charming, though it needs serious updating. If you're looking for a novel that will take you on an enchanting journey, look no further than Katie Fforde’s One Enchanted Evening. This book follows on from two previous books set in the 1960s and vividly brings to life the beauty of Nightingale Woods Hotel in Dorset. In this review, we'll follow Meg's journey and learn why this book is must-read.

All the elements that make up a classic Katie Fforde novel are here. I always read her new books when they come out, though over the years some have not been as memorable as others. In fact, this is the first book of hers in recent years that reminds me of her early novels which I have read many times over. Justin and Meg may clash in the kitchen, but their chemistry is strong and there is enough interaction for their relationship to be credible. Enter Justin, the son of the hotel owner and professional chef… you see where I’m going with this?!! Total enemies-to-lovers vibes *nods* One Enchanted evening is everything you need in a novel when the weather outside demands you snuggle under a blanket with a good book.' Everything is going rather well, with the Nightingale Woods' team pulling together like a little family, until the arrival of Andrew's son Justin, who has very firm ideas about what should be happening at the hotel while his father is away. Justin has divided loyalties, and he sees little prospect of a future for Nightingale Woods, but Meg has fallen in love with this little corner of rural heaven. She is sure that this could be just the place for guests who would appreciate its charms, if only a few careful improvements could be arranged. This might be more of a challenge than Meg anticipated, but she is not ready to give up the fight... From the moment I started reading One Enchanted Evening, I was hooked. The story starts with Meg arriving at the hotel in Dorset to work as a chef. The plot of this novel is excellent and there are twists and turns that keep you guessing along with plenty of adventures with Meg’s wonderful friends.Step into the world of Katie Fforde where love, romance and the happiest of happy endings are just around the corner. The new novel by the number one bestselling author and queen of feel-good romance. This is 1966 and a pivotal point in history when life is gradually opening up with new opportunities for women. Meg comes across attitudes to her working in a professional kitchen that seem alien to us now. In some ways women’s lives have changed a lot for the better, but then again there is always room for improvement.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment