276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Wild Turkey Rare Breed Kentucky Bourbon Whiskey 70 cl, 58.4% ABV - Barrel Proof Bourbon

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Yeah! Bring out a commemerative 30 year Rye which is richer ( older ) than WT 101 Rye, but at a reasonable price. Finish: long, warm & flavorful – vanilla bean, apple-cinnamon, fruit-infused maple syrup, oak char, blood orange, singed lemon peel, hints of sassafras & leather Unless mandatory applicable law provides otherwise, your use of and membership to the Service are exclusively governed by Dutch law. We shall first try to settle any dispute over a dram of whisky. Disputes that cannot be settled over multiple drams of whisky shall be solely submitted to the court of Amsterdam, The Netherlands unless mandatory applicable law provides otherwise.

By now, many of you have seen photos of NCF Rare Breed 116.8 on social media. This Wild Turkey travel-retail exclusive has made its way to online retailers, most notably Must Have Malts, and surely secondary whiskey markets as well. But the question remains – is NCF Rare Breed worth the chase? I hope to answer question that today. An interesting side note: Wild Turkey is now using only non-GMO grains (corn, rye, barley) in its mash bills. I have not seen any distillery mention this before, so I’m not sure if they’re alone or not. GMO corn makes up a gigantic proportion of the non-organic (conventional) corn market, so it’s actually kind of impressive that Wild Turkey is able to source enough of it despite their size. Kudos. Palate: Once again, I’m surprised to find a good amount of herbal notes within. Not that it’s weird for rye whiskey to have herbal notes, but I was expecting more caramel and vanilla due to the high corn content of the mash bill.

That way, distilleries don’t have to employ former NASA engineers and could cut costs by hiring the same engineers that designed the Ford 6.0L diesel. The third method may be that Wild Turkey combines multiple barrels together into one barrel after maturation is complete. Then they test the total proof and add water into the barrel as needed to lower it down to 112.2. Whiskybase ID WB134105 Category Bourbon Bottler Distillery Bottling Bottling serie Barrel Proof 116.8 Bottled 01.08.2018 Casktype No. 4 Char American Oak Strength 58.4 % Vol. Size 750 ml Bottle code LL/GHO11742 Added on 03 jul 2019 2:00 pm by Kovalyoff

The oak notes are extremely rich and are accompanied with conditioned leather and a light-bodied cigar wrapper. Fruits are sweet and concentrated, like they were dehydrated. I can find flavors of dried figs, cherries and prunes. Have you had the Wild Turkey Rare Breed? If so add your own thoughts in the comments below. Wild Turkey Rare Breed Review Just think of all that whiskey WT distills and ages and someone really thinks it must be filtered , an amazing amount of work for a result I could do without..

Consider this similar product...

Palate: The sweetness from the nose mimics the flavors on the tongue. Molasses turns to maple syrup the more you drink. Whiskybase B.V. (“Whiskybase”, “we” or “us”, company details below) offers a whisky enthusiasts online platform that provides its members access to the most comprehensive, transparent and trusted resource of whisky bottles and allows and stimulates its members to contribute information about whisky bottles to the platform (“Service”). If any provision of these Terms is held invalid, the remainder of the Terms shall continue in full force and effect. Crafted in one of the few distilleries to remain dedicated to the art of rye whiskey, Rare Breed Rye is a blend of non-chill filtered rye. It is barrel-proof, meaning that it’s uncut, bottled directly from the barrels at the proof it is reached in those barrels. It is sister to award-winning Rare Breed bourbon and the first permanent super-premium rye in the Wild Turkey family.”

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment