276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Realm of Lore and Lies (Fair Ones Book 1)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The characters are well developed and relatable! I found myself cheering Maebh on and my heart hurting for her simultaneously! Aisling is so complex and I can’t wait for us to continue to get to know her character and dive deeper into her complex relationships with her heritage and commitments and her perspectives after spending 7 years among modern society. I need to know more of Conor’s story. My heart breaks for him and his journey and experiences.

And oh my gosh. This book was so good. Realm of Lore and Lies is definitely a slow build, so if you’re hoping to jump straight into the action with a clear idea of what’s happening, you don’t. But, with the slowness you get INCREDIBLE world building. Honestly, few books have the depth and intricacies of a magic world while keeping the story interesting and moving forward. I was absolutely captivated. I already cannot wait until the second book comes out! The mystery and suspense was unreal. I had no idea what to expect from one moment to the next. This is not a book you can easily anticipate. Aisling Breen - Ash - the girl who ran from her clan to live a “normal” life, only to be forced into matriarchy after her mother’s death. A formidable force and leader of the Breen clan. A murder leaves Aisling motherless, thrusting her into the position of matriarch in a world she thought she'd never return to. Teaming up with unlikely allies for a competition steeped in peril, she can't resist the distraction warrior Setanta offers. Brooding, gorgeous, and impossibly strong, he give her a chance to be something she never could before—herself.The world building was so realistic and well written, I feel like I could travel to the faerie realm if I were in Ireland. And the Irish mythology was magical! I loved the clan politics, it’s so different than anything I’ve read before. Ireland native Aisling never imagined she'd be alone, living a double life. But when your family shares the ability to see through fae glamour, keeping secrets isn't something you do for fun. You do it to stay alive. If you enjoy fast-paced fantasy novels featuring new adult characters trying to find their way in the world than Realm of Lore and Lies by Claire Wright may be the book you have been waiting for.

for this book for sure! Closer to a 5 than a 4. Before going over the book, I would like to disclose that I did receive this book as an eARC. However, this review will be completely honest.I recommend that book for readers who likes to be transported in other worlds and different ways of living. Irish lore is so rich and thanks to Claire Wright story, I can’t wait to discover more about it. First off, thank you so much to the publisher and Netgalley for providing an ARC in exchange for an honest review! All opinion are my own. Standout characters for me are Maeve and Ash; two resilient young women who are fated to become the matriarchs of their respective clans. Both have a lot of potential as fierce leaders and we are only getting to see the beginning of their journey to find themselves and claim their birthright. I enjoyed the slow burn romances in this one a lot too. They are very slow, but I’m so keen to see where things go. The four main characters “Ash, Tier, Set, Mae”, have four different traits, with minds of their own, making the experience of the story mind-blowing. Having to deal with their own struggles in life at a young age, has made them the way they are strong, confident, and full of self-doubts and the need which they think can never be fulfilled. When this group of misfits comes together on a journey, they experience and realize many things they were missing.

Realm of Lore and Lies follows several characters, many on a quest to solve a crime. Aisling is an archeology student who works in a cafe. When she ran away from home 7 years prior, Mary and Dom took her in. Aisling is from a Fianna clan. She is able to see the fairy folk no matter what disguise they take. Her brother keeps in touch with her but her mother and the rest of the clan do not. At the beginning of the book, all of the letters from her brother that were kept in her bag were stolen. She would eventually be led to them which would then lead her to the apparent scene of a murder that didn’t add up at all. The characters in this one were also really captivating. I loved Tiernan, Maebh and Set the most. One of my improvements would be that I did find the main character, Ash, a bit bland to start with. I enjoyed her POV’s in the second half of the book a lot more when she started standing her ground and finding her strength. Perhaps this was due to me finding my feet in the story at the beginning, but I always felt myself more drawn to the side characters. All the side characters were really unique and had compelling stories of their own, and great dynamics with the each other. The writing was great - it was easy to follow yet not overly simplified, even though there were a lot of names and terms that were new to me.I love books that have Irish lore and mythology as its theme. So, I was super excited when Claire Wright invited me to be part of her street team for her debut novel, Realm of Lore and Lies. And, let me tell you, it was so good. Thank you for having me on the team and for the gifted e-arc, Claire! I enjoyed the humour and all the small characters moments thrown in, such as the tattoo scene and the under the stars scene. There was a good balance between character and plot. A realm of Lore and Lies breathes life into Irish Folklore. We follow the points of view of four different characters whose lives are tangled together in mystery and loss. The first 40% of this book introduces us to each of the four protagonists and we are shown the world of the travelling Fianna and what it means to live as one. And I loved the storyline. With the Irish legends and lore, romance, and mystery, I was hooked from the first chapter. This is not an official review, but how weird would it be if I gave my own book anything other than 5 stars?

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment