276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Earwig and the Witch

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I also watched the studio Ghibly adaptation of this after and I'm honestly not sure how I feel about that one either. They experimented with a different type of animation on it and everyone agrees that it was a mistake, because the film looks kind of hideous... On February 11, 2021, Toho announced that the film was slated to be released theatrically in Japan on April 29, 2021. This version includes some scenes not shown on the TV broadcast version [22] [23] (but already included in releases of the film outside Japan). [24] During the press event, Gorô also unveiled new models and conceptual drawings of Ghibli Park, whose construction has recently started at the Aichi Expo Memorial Park, as well as a puppet installation inspired by his (then) upcoming film. [9] Puppet Show [ ]

Jones brings her characteristic witty humor and rich imagination to a whimsical chapter book that would undoubtedly delight as a readaloud. Stubborn and mischievous, Earwig is a likable, albeit irascible, heroine, and her triumph at the witch’s expense will elicit plenty of cheerful howls. Bulletin of the Center for Children’s Books Director Gorô Miyazaki explains, “The project started in 2016, when producer Toshio Suzuki gave me the novel and asked, 'What do you think about it next?' It turns out that I had already seen the book placed on a table during a meeting with him and Hayao Miyazaki. And I thought to myself that maybe that was the next project to come. So I had already read it and started to think about making a film of it."

Studio Ghibli's latest work "Earwig and the Witch" will be broadcast on Wednesday, December 30th.", Ghibli The film was released on DVD and Blu-ray Disc by Pony Canyon on December 1, 2021, making it the first Studio Ghibli movie since the original VHS release of Whisper of the Heart not to have Walt Disney Japan as home video distributor. [27] However, Walt Disney Japan released the film (under license from Pony Canyon) as part of a box set on the same day which contains the non–Hayao Miyazaki and Isao Takahata Studio Ghibli feature films. [28] United States [ edit ] There had been very little news regarding the film until the beginning of 2020, when the film was mentioned during the studio's annual New Year's message. It wasn't until the end of May 2020 that the Suzuki began to unveil more details regarding the film.

Blu-ray・DVD | ポニーキャニオン"["Earwig and the Witch the Movie" Blu-ray・DVD - Pony Canyon] (in Japanese). Pony Canyon. Archived from the original on October 22, 2021 . Retrieved October 25, 2021. However, one wild card factor for me involved the studio branching away from their usual animation style. In a 2021 interview with Gorô Miyazaki for The Verge, Goro explains, “Studio Ghibli has always done hand-drawn-style animation, so we knew that we weren’t able to recreate that through 3D CG, so it was a matter of which direction we wanted to go with. Whether it’s going to be a very photorealistic visual, or trying to find a different path. That was when I referenced stop-motion animation, using a lot of puppets. I felt that was quite fitting for what we were trying to do with this project. I referenced that a lot in creating the visuals.” Curious about this stop-motion animation style 3D CG, I settled in for an Earwig and the Witch movie night and was pleasantly surprised and enamored. So What’s Earwig and the Witch About? Sherman, Jennifer (December 15, 2020). "GKIDS Announces Dub Cast for Ghibli's 1st CG Feature Earwig and the Witch". Anime News Network. Archived from the original on November 2, 2021 . Retrieved December 15, 2020. GKIDS Releases Ghibli's 1st CG Feature Earwig and the Witch on BD on April 6, Digitally on March 23". Anime News Network. Archived from the original on January 25, 2021 . Retrieved January 25, 2021. Goro Miyazaki on Studio Ghibli's first CGI film and animation's future". Dazed. May 27, 2021 . Retrieved October 12, 2023.By the end of November 2017, Toshio Suzuki explained that Gorô was busy producing the film at Studio Ghibli. This information however had goes almost unnoticed in the media, obscured by news that the elder Hayao Miyazaki had returned to producing films. In his interview on Deadline, he explains, “In creating animation, a lot of the process is very meticulous planning, and building things, one thing after the other, so there’s not much space for spontaneity or improvisation,” he says. “The liveliness and the spontaneity, we can only add through the music or the voiceovers, so when we have actors that come in and contribute, on the spot, with ad-libs and improvisation, that adds a whole new richness to the film.” On January 7, 2021, GKIDS announced that the film would receive a limited theatrical release beginning on February 3, while it would be added to HBO Max on February 5. [31] The film was released digitally on March 23, 2021, and on Blu-ray Disc and DVD on April 6, 2021. [32] The GKIDS release of the film is the same as the Japanese theatrical version. [24] International [ edit ] a b Goodfellow, Melanie (June 19, 2020). "First Look: Gorô Miyazaki's 'Earwig And The Witch' (exclusive)". Screen. Archived from the original on July 9, 2020 . Retrieved July 6, 2020.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment