276°
Posted 20 hours ago

David Bowie Is

£20£40.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

From portraits and album covers, performances and rehearsals, to rarely seen private moments and candid snapshots, this collection is at once powerful, sentimental and inspiring. The thoughts and reminiscences of the photographers, many sharing their memories for the first time, give us an insight into this artist unlike any other. Ma poiché non è nella mia natura l'adorazione fanatica di alcunché, sinceramente non me ne sono mai occupata. La sua musica mi piaceva come quella di altri, conoscevo di lui quel poco che era inevitabile conoscere, non ho mai indagato la sua biografia e nemmeno la sua opera. Rappresentava un ideale estetico che non ho mai incarnato nella persona, nemmeno in termini erotici, per quanto di erotismo questo ideale me ne trasmettesse a iosa (unico anche in questo). Incarnare questa attrazione nella persona che ovviamente non conoscevo sarebbe stata una mancanza di rispetto innanzitutto nei miei confronti, oltre che nei suoi.

Books Beloved by David Bowie - Radical Reads 100 Books Beloved by David Bowie - Radical Reads

La mostra “David Bowie Is” è stata inaugurata a Londra nel 2013, e da allora è itinerante per il mondo. Nel frattempo il 10 gennaio 2016 David Bowie è morto e da maggio a novembre la mostra è approdata al Mambo di Bologna. The mostly never-before-published images in Schapiro’s rare collection represent Bowie at his most creative and inspired self and present a glimpse into the intimacy that Schapiro and Bowie shared during their time together. As Schapiro tells it: ‘From the moment Bowie arrived, we seemed to hit it off. Incredibly intelligent, calm, and filled with ideas, he talked a lot about Alistair Crowley whose esoteric writings he was heavily into at the time. When David heard that I had photographed Buster Keaton, one of his greatest heroes, we instantly became friends.’ With the Victoria and Albert Museum’s unprecedented, career-spanning retrospective, “David Bowie” is underway and Bowie’s newest album The Next Day having shot straight up to number one on the music charts, now is the perfect time for fans to engross themselves in the best David Bowie book currently available. My friend Billy summed up the huge crowds very succinctly, "The people. All the fat skinny people, all the tall short people. I never thought I'd hate so many people. I really disliked the cattle-market aspect of it but I suppose, with something that has proved to be so popular for which I expect they'll have a limited run time, this is unavoidable." David Bowie was arguably the most influential artist of his time, reinventing himself again and again, transforming music, style and art for over five decades.Insomma, David Bowie sembra aver realizzato la sua carriera artistica con una pienezza inconsueta e, a dispetto del dramma che la morte porta sempre con sé e dell'emozione angosciata che ha suscitato, forse bisognerebbe pensare invece che ha realizzato la sua “bella morte”; forse se avesse potuto scegliere razionalmente tanto tempo fa, quando era ancora in salute, non gli sarebbe dispiaciuto pensare di morire così. Written by Bowie with the playwright Enda Walsh, and incorporating some of Bowie’s most iconic songs, Lazarus was first performed at New York Theatre Workshop in 2015, starring Michael C. Hall and directed by Ivo Van Hove. The production transferred to London in 2016. Ci sono due aspetti che mi si offrono oggi sopra tutti: il primo è quello più propriamente inerente la sua opera, che ho appena sfiorato, e rispetto alla quale rivaluto anche l'attrazione da sempre percepita. Combining top-notch articles on the singer/actor’s life and work with official images and reproductions of his fashion and associated ephemera, the hefty, mango-colored [ David Bowie Is ] is nothing short of a treasure trove of all things Bowie; a one-stop smorgasbord for the eyes whose pictorials chronicle the groundbreaking star from Ziggy Stardust to Thin White Duke to Heathen and every personality in between.” —Examiner.com

Books to read if you love David Bowie - Penguin Books UK Books to read if you love David Bowie - Penguin Books UK

David Bowie è.. l'unica icona per cui abbia provato tutta la vita un'attrazione irragionevole: se mai ho avuto un ideale di bellezza supremo, questo coincide con le sue fattezze. Driven to the brink of madness by cocaine, overwork, marital strife, and a paranoid obsession with the occult, Bowie fled Los Angeles in 1975 and ended up in Berlin, the divided city on the frontline between communist East and capitalist West. There he sought anonymity, taking an apartment in a run-down district with his sometime collaborator Iggy Pop, another refugee from drugs and debauchery, while they explored the city and its notorious nightlife. In this intensely creative period, Bowie put together three classic albums — Low, “Heroes”, and Lodger — with collaborators who included Brian Eno, Robert Fripp, and Tony Visconti. He also found time to produce two albums for Iggy Pop–The Idiot and Lust For Life–and to take a leading role in a movie, the ill-starred Just A Gigolo. Bowie In Berlin examines that period and those records, exploring Bowie’s fascination with the city, unearthing his sources of inspiration, detailing his working methods, and teasing out the elusive meanings of the songs. Painstakingly researched and vividly written, the book casts new light on the most creative and influential era in David Bowie’s career.Bowie: Album by Album examines every one of Bowie’s studio albums in fine detail, placing each within the context of the time in which it was recorded and charting all the albums’ subsequent influence and legacy. As well as commentary from the musicians, engineers and producers who worked on the recordings – such as Brian Eno and Tony Visconti – Bowie’s own quotes provide a fascinating insight into his restlessly creative mind.

Recommended Books on David Bowie (updated) Recommended Books on David Bowie (updated)

This book is the breathtaking result of iconic photographer Terry O’Neill’s creative partnership with David Bowie that spanned over a number of years, including images published here for the first time.Confession #3: I missed the touring exhibition David Bowie Is at the Museum of Contemporary Art last year, which is where this beautiful book is from. I waited until the last two weeks of the show and then it was all sold out and I missed the chance of a lifetime. In the U.S., David Bowie Is only came to Chicago's MCA, and I was too dumb to get there for it. David Bowie: Icon gathers the greatest photographs of one of the greatest stars in history, into a single, luxurious volume. The result is the most important anthology of David Bowie images that has ever been compiled. With work by many of the most eminent names in photography, this book showcases a stunning portfolio of imagery, featuring the iconic, the awe inspiring, the candid and the surprising. by George Orwell (also rec’d by John Lennon, Stephen King& Steve Jobs) “A political thesis and an impression of the way in another country.” -DB Bowie’s Berlin period, which stretched between 1976 and 1978, was about a partial retreat from those demands, into what then passed for (relative) sobriety and calm. As against his time in LA, he claimed to have suddenly become “incredibly straight, level, assertive, moderate” – although his new companion Iggy Pop later claimed that their average seven days broke down into “two for bingeing, two for recovery and three more for any other activity”.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment