276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Madri Excepcional Lager Beer 24 x 440 ml (cans)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

If I am looking for a lager in the future, I’d definitely consider getting Madrí Excepcional once again. Peroni was the drink that madeContinental lager cool, if you didn’t know. And to follow suit, Heineken poured a shitload of money into Birra Moretti, and Carlsberg did the same for San Miguel. ‘If someone’s got a lager with branding that’s doing really well, then all the other big groups copy it,’ Brown explains. ‘They want a share of the action.’ And thus we entered a new era. A sizzling hot new category entered the trade: ‘Mediterranean lager’. An unconfirmed rumour in the beer world is that Madrí is simply Coors Light with extra hop extract It’s been a while since I tried a new beer, but I saw some Madrí Excepcional and decided I had to get myself a few cans for the summer. It’s strong enough to have a lot of flavour, but not so strong to feel like you’d be hammered after 2 or 3.

OUR BEERS | MADRÍ

This beer glass is one of the vast selection available from GarageBar so have a look at some of our other glasses from around the world! Ryan Mcfarland, Regional Business Director, Western Europe at Molson Coors, said: “We’re so excited to be bringing this great collaboration with Carlos and the team at La Sagra to UK drinkers. In these incredibly challenging times for the hospitality sector we’re continuing to invest in the future and support our customers with innovative new products which will encourage people to visit pubs and bars when they’re able to do so. World Lager is now the second biggest sector of the lager category in the UK, making up almost one in four pints of lager consumed. Madrí Excepcional provides a new and unique option in this category for pub and bar operators and we’re confident will be a huge hit with consumers.”

That was exactly the same month that Manchester Evening News reported on the new beer that was ‘everywhere’ in the UK, and the Irish Mirror asked whether the new lager that the UK was ‘obsessed’ with was about to ‘take over’ Irish pubs too. It was the same month that LADbible sent out its Madrí lager appreciation tweet with no explanation whatsoever. This received nearly 13,000 likes and rather a lot of suspicious comments. One said: ‘I’m increasingly convinced it’s a marketing tool for something else and not a real lager.’ It’s really easy to pour too. I poured this out from a 440ml can into a glass and it was so easy. A nice head on the beer without it being too frothy which can be a problem for some lager. According to Brown, this is a common strategy: ‘If you’ve got the distribution points, you can copy somebody else’s brand, not have that brand in your distribution, and say, “But this one’s just as good.”’ Spicy. I have tried a few cans and I can honestly say that I like the lager. It’s just like you’d expect from a lager, and has that nice crisp lager taste. Madri Excepcional, the first NPD collaboration between La Sagra and Molson Coors, will be exclusively available on draught in UK on-premise venues from 19 th October

Molson Coors launches Madri Excepcional - The British Guild Molson Coors launches Madri Excepcional - The British Guild

Madri Excepcional is a light lager from Madrid, Spain. Hitting the UK in 2021 this joint venture between Molson Coors and La Sagra brewery has been a huge success. With this official Madri beer glass, you can indulge yourself in a little taste of Spain. Madrid is famous for the passion of its people and this passion is embodied by the “Chulapos”, a group of people in Spanish society in the 19th century who were famous for their elaborate style of dress and cheeky attitude. Today, the term is used to refer to anybody from Madrid and this style and attitude lives on in modern day Madrid.He's the 'Chulapo', who were part of Madrid's society in the 19th century. They originated from a sense of pride for their neighbourhood where they were born and raised, famous for their vibrant and elaborate style of dress. Today, they represent the people of modern Madrid, full of life and energy! It's this progressive spirit of modern Madrid that inspired us to make Madrí Excepcional. And as for the taste? It’s pretty good, to be honest. There’s a lot of shit lager out there, and Madrí isn’t one of them. ‘It isn’t too strong on one side or another,’ says Haye. ‘Even if you’re a neutral beer-drinker, you’re not going to find it offensive, and you’re not going to find it tasteless. And I think that’s exactly what they were looking for. It just seems to fit straight into the market.’ The Madri Excepcional beer glass is dishwasher safe, toughened and nucleated to keep your pint fizzing until its last drop. It is recommended all glasses are thoroughly cleaned before first use. I’d definitely put this in the same leagues as the other branded lagers you’ve probably had: Peroni, Moretti, San Miguel and Estrella Damm.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment