276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Cadbury Dairy Milk Christmas Chocolate House Kit 840g

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

But if your gingerbread is more of a blank slate, it can be a challenge to picture what to do with your icing. However, we thought there wasn't quite enough icing to really go to town on the decoration. We'd recommend keeping the pre-made icing for another baking day and making a big batch of your own to ensure you don't run out. Gingerbread house building is an exciting activity, and it can be all too tempting to rip open the box and get to building straight away. Contains: Two Cadbury Dairy Milk Bars, Two Cadbury Dairy Milk Winter Wonderland Editions, Two Cadbury Dairy Milk Winter Gingerbread Editions, Two Cadbury White Buttons Bags, One Cadbury Flake Treatsize.

This year, I might try my hand at something more up my street if I can get my hands on a new kit from Cadbury. It simply wouldn’t be Christmas without the taste of mouth-watering chocolate to sweeten the season. Looking for the perfect chocolate Christmas gift for your favourite niece? Fussy colleague? Sweet-toothed mum? No matter who you’re shopping for this year, our festive gifts are guaranteed to hit the spot.

Cadbury Heroes Chocolate Advent Calendar 230g

You're asked to melt a certain amount of the chocolate in the microwave and use it as cement. As fun (and messy) as that was, we thought that melted chocolate was an ineffective cement compared to icing. The two-tone Winter Wonderland bars with their Christmas tree patterns form the roof, and the Flakes trims the apex. Once the house was up we were pleased with its appearance, and we really had to fight the urge to chomp on the chimney, which is a Flake.

Some of the simpler gingerbread house kits aimed at younger audiences tend to have handy templates and grooves pre-baked onto the gingerbread to help guide you as you decorate. If you run out halfway through, you'll need to make fresh icing that will likely be a slightly different shade to the icing that came with the kit. This can really ruin the appearance of your gingerbread house.The gingerbread house pieces in this kit are smooth and plain, so there's no indication of how you might go about decorating it. The instructions advise that you draw your design fully before starting so you know exactly what you're going to be doing with your piping bag.

Consider buying a gingerbread house kit with a base if you want a speedier, stress-free building experience. There's no piping bag included in this kit either, so we had to use butter knives when attempting to decorate it. The experience of decorating the house was intricate and took us a while, but we found it rewarding and were very pleased with the result. There's a brilliant variety of decorations included that come in all colours, shapes and sizes. Our verdict:It certainly looks impressive on the box, but we struggled to create anything half as nice.We thought even professional bakers might get fed up with building this gingerbread house, though. You're instructed to hold the house pieces together in place for 15 minutes on several occasions, which we think takes some of the fun out of the activity. You're also instructed to cut one of the pieces yourself with a knife, which is a task that could destroy your house before you've had the chance to build it.

As we found with John Lewis' pre-made icing, the icing in this kit was runny and didn't hold the pieces together very securely. Have you ever battled with pieces of gingerbread in a feeble attempt at making the picture-perfect Gingerbread House? Last year's attempt at Chocolatier.co.uk Towers with my five-year-old didn't go well. Our verdict:Although it wasn't the most straightforward to build compared to the other gingerbread house kits we tested, we loved how it looked and it was definitely the tastiest.

This was the only gingerbread house kit we tasted that we thought was truly delicious. It's crispy, full of ginger flavour, and tasted most like a classic gingerbread biscuit of all the kits we tasted.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment