276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Paul Smith Men Eau De Toilette, 100ml

£17£34.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Starts to reach skinscent levels a little faster than i'd like, after three or so hours, although I am still aware of it 7-8 hours into the day. You can apply as much as you want without fear of over-applying, in fact you will need to. If you put a lot on it will last the entire day leaving you smelling fresh of the outdoors and soapy. Yes, the comparisons to fahrenheit are valid, this would be its strippped down counterpart, no leather and desiel here. I think of this as a sharper more herbal take on mugler cologne. I definately smell the patchouli and incense mixed with the flowey undertones which gives the fragrance a powdery scent.

Man" starts strong and a little confusing as the top notes doesn't seem to work together, jumping and give way to each others notes, coming and going pretty straight forward from first application.Launched as an woody oriental, but to my humble nose, it is rather a reinterpretated classic fougere. Perhaps it is the citrus/spice/powdery/patchouli accord. Man" smells appealing with soft spices, a masculine (thank god) incense-iris, but there is not nothing new in the market. It brings past and present smells with the goods and the bads. However, Paul Smith is an excellent fragrance in spite of all those so-called "deficiencies". Simple notes create a citrus-melon opening with a green mid and dry-down with an ample dose of violet aand some musk. Think a fresh mown lawn with the scent of violet, a slight tinge of mint and pine. It is fresh, wonderful and an excellent interpretation of what a warm weaher fragrance can be, besides an oceanside creation. At first glance, and sniff, there is nothing special about Paul Smith. It isn't very strong, it is not ground-breaking nor the possessor of exotic notes. This is not a panty-dropper or niche. It is a warm weather only fragrance to boot. Dry woods, anise, iris and violet melting with leather determinates an eclectic revival style to the scent.

However, I don't get the comparison to Fahrenheit other than a similar violet note. This is much greener than Fahrenheit, brighter and more spring-like. Don't get me wrong, I love Fahrenheit, and it's also in my spring rotation. They're just different fragrances and for in my case for different occasions. Fahrenheit obviously is much more masculine and for men primarily IMO. Perfumers should start to invent new scents instead of copying/using the same competition notes or past fragrances. I bought Paul Smith Man as a sort of 'travel' version of my Dior Homme, something that smells similar but I could afford to damage/lose/spray copiously without thought to cost.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment