276°
Posted 20 hours ago

beyerdynamic DT 1770 PRO Closed Studio Reference Headphones

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

These are comfortable to wear all day and all night, whether working on a music or video project. I can edit for hours and hours and hours with these, and they still feel great.

Portable Sabre chip DAC/amps such as the HA-2 from Oppo and the Peachtree Shift I was less in favor of, with the former pushing the treble a little too hard and the latter not revealing enough. I still prefer DAC/Amps with AKM designs for the DT 1770 PRO.Mids and treble show roughly similar progression with a subdued upper midrange dip and a treble elevation that, whilst not brittle or too bright, certainly has plenty of sparkle and energy. The DT 1770 PRO treble performance sounds a bit more refined and smoother than the DT770 which stays fairly prominent from 6-10k compared to a tiny bit of easing off by the DT 1770 PRO around 7k. Probably because the DT1770 PRO have such smooth and clean sound at practically unlimited output levels, it's tempting to play them way too loud. They sound awesome played at full concert level all day long The main difference to note in these headphones is the impedance. While the Beyerdynamic T5 is more efficient, at 32 ohms, the DT 1770 is at 250 ohms, requiring quite a bit more driving power.

Although the imaging on both, the DT 1770 and T5 are highly accurate, the space on the T5 feels a little grander, especially in terms of width. At times, the T5 also displays a little more height. At the same time, because of the precise instrument placement on both models, they felt equally immersive and colorful. Low-End There is a lot of aluminum in these cans compared to the older DT770s though the cups are made of plastic. They do feel more solid and heavier than their cheaper sibling with a more refined finish. On the other hand, that leap around 250-300Hz adds some welcome clarity for those who prefer to listen to guitar and string work and might be worried that the DT 1770 PRO’s bass might make everything a little muffled. Mids ClarityWith iOS I have the volume set to about three-quarters to seven-eighths with just about any music or movie. I may have to set the volume close to maximum, and I always have enough sensitivity on iOS not no need any external amplification. The mids on the DT 1770 Pro I found to be for the most part pretty good. They had a very smooth balance and a natural timbre that accurately represented lower midtones with a solid body. Though, it did sound to me as though the upper-midrange was a little bit recessed.

While Apple's devices and their Lightning adapters and USB-C to 3.5mm adapters have excellent low-source-impedance headphone outputs and sound great with these, I can't vouch for off-brands like Android, Samsung, HTC or other iPhone copies. Kevin, have you heard the mrspeakers alpha prime? If so, how would you compare the DT 1770 to it? I have the prime and would like something with a bit more bass and treble sparkle as a complementary headphone. Your thoughts? To be honest, while the warmer, less forward sound of my Audeze LCD-X or LCD-1 can be more enjoyable with typical recordings, I pull out these DT1770PRO to enjoy smoother recordings that can benefit from extra air, like TELARC classical recordings that were made with ruler-flat B&K laboratory measurement microphones or even super-smooth modern recordings like Ray Charles' 2004 " Genius Loves Company." Soundstage: Absolutely fantastic for closed cans, more precise than HD600/650. Not as big as HD800 but for closed cans very, very good. That is not a huge difference, to be honest. If you are running something like the X7 with the AM3 or AM5 module it will cope just fine with the DT 1770 PRO which taxed these two modules to a lesser degree than some planar headphones out there on the market. Tonal PairingI was thoroughly impressed with the overall performance of DT 1770 Pro and at the time of auditioning I was not informed about the price. Instead I was asked to make a guess on my own. What I can say though is that, compared to the DT770, the DT 1770 PRO is more refined, more spacious, and more detailed sounding and is a definite upgrade. It is also more efficient than its older 250Ω siblings requiring a little less juice which is a score for the new Tesla tech. It also looks as great and very Beyer as always.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment