276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Costume National compatible - Homme Parfum 100 ml

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

J EDP: a tribute to Japanese tradition with a modern twist. The fragrance combines fine ingredients with typical Japanese delicacy, creating an ethereal and luminous fragrance. The fragrance opens up with a blast of grapefruit and the distinctive, licoricey twang of green cardamom pods.

Conclusion: Unfortunately my collection had to leave this fragrance again, it was too intrusive and unround for me. If you are looking for a potent autumn/winter scent that reminds you of a Christmas cake with lots of cinnamon, you will certainly find it here. For those who like it a bit finer/softer/cuddlier in autumn and winter, I recommend other "sweets", such as the Immergeher "Noir Extreme - Tom Ford".

I have a tester bottle of Costume National Homme Parfum, and so my bottle came in a simple, white, unlabeled box. If you didn't like the original but like the idea of the original, give this a try. You just might fall in love.

The parfum significantly tones down on the cloves. While cloves are still present in the mix, they are no longer the star of the show. Cardamom and cinnamon fill in for them instead. Additionally, the thyme note has been entirely removed, the greenness it brought having been replaced with vetiver and the anisic bite of the cardamom. Ropion's creations are known for their exact olfactory balance and flawless composition. He is a daring perfectionist who takes risks to create masterpieces that stand out in the industry. His perfumes are like great architectural feats, balancing excessive doses of powerful ingredients with meticulously measured, subtler accords, until the composition holds up on its own. Performance is absolute beastly. 2-3 sprays max. 1 if you're wearing it to the office. Longevity is 12-14 hours for me and usually lasts through two showers.

Dominique Ropion is a French master perfumer, born in Paris in 1955. He attended the Roure Bertrand Dupont perfumery school in Grasse to pursue his passion for perfumery. After completing his education, he started his career at the legendary Roure Bertrand laboratories, where he met his friend and collaborator, Frédéric Malle. The most successful of these, for me, was Scent Intense. It is one of my favorite floral amber fragrances. Sadly Laurent Bruyere passed away in 2008 and since then only two scents have been released by Costume National: 21 in 2008, and at the end of 2009 the first male-marketed fragrance from the House, Costume National Homme. Homme is the fragrance of a man with impeccable taste, who prefers a neutral colour palette and loves being surrounded by unique objects, the pursuit of absolute quality and design. His innate elegance is never boasted and is the result of a refined attitude towards beauty, expressed in every facet of his essence. Homme is timeless elegance; a merino wool overcoat; a byword for sophistication. The eau de parfum opens with fresh top notes of bergamot, grapefruit and cardamom. The heart reveals a distinctive nature, thanks to an unexpected mix of LMR* cinnamon of Grasse, thyme and cloves. In the base notes, patchouli, sandalwood and labdanum lay bare the depth and mystery of the male character. This is magnetic alchemy of seduction, mystery and timeless elegance.

When I wear this fragrance, I envision a well-groomed man in his late 20s or early 30s, perhaps wearing a dark olive green suit. He is well traveled, worldly, and balanced, completely in his element. I think that it would be the perfect fragrance for a poet, philosopher, writer, scholar, or artsy types. Homme EDP: “A fresh, citrusy, woody scent that gets you going! My friends loves it, and even my wife can't resist sneaking a spray or two " - Fabrizio It’s a very pleasant fragrance, but the spices might not be to everyone’s taste, so spray with caution. Value For Money Costume National is a niche perfumerybrand founded in 2001by Ennio Capasa, combining Japanese minimalismwith the Italian sartorial approach to create wonderful and original artistic perfumes.Costume National fragrances have an innovative soul, a modern identity, and a strong connection with Italy and the artistic traditionof high perfumery. These unique scents are created following a contemporaryand essentialstyle, which is reflected in the high qualityand purity of the raw materials used. Homme, created by perfumer Dominique Ropion, is a close relative of Comme des Garçons Series 3, Incense fragrances (woody/resinous with sweet/spicy facets) and it’s practically a “twin” of Eau d'Italie Baume du Doge. Homme includes notes of grapefruit, bergamot, cardamom, cinnamon, thyme, clove, patchouli, sandalwood and labdanum.Yesterday though I sampled this for the first time. Man, was I surprised! I really liked it, rom the fresh citrussy opening to the heartnotes where you are greeted by cloves and cinnamon. The cloves are clearly present but it's not as if you're dipped into a jar of cloves. They blend really well with the cinnamon actually. It's a very warm, spicy scent. The only thing I had some mixed feelings about was the base that revealed itself after 5 or 6 hours. Costume National Homme Parfum is a spice bomb of epic proportions. I will caution you: if you don’t like spicy fragrances, STAY AWAY. Soon, a massive wave of red-hot cinnamon rolls in, accompanied by a brace of earthy vetiver and patchouli. As the fragrance dries down, a distinct note of creamy sandalwood begins to emerge, adding a lush, smooth texture to the fragrance and rounding out the harsh edges. There’s also an irissy tone almost reminiscent of the drydown of Dior Homme Parfum, though it’s faint, only serving to give the fragrance a lustrous lacquer. In a few words, Costume National Homme Parfum is: rich, smooth, spicy, creamy, woody, dark green, exotic, and festive. Presentation However, if you are a lover of spices like myself, Costume National Homme Parfum might just be heaven for you.

Secret Woods EDP: "I prefer to wear it in the evening, for special occasions: it has an undeniable charm that has never failed to impress me!" - HumbertIt’s clear to me that a lot of raw materials have been used in this formulation. According to the brand, the fragrance utilizes several extracts from Laboratoire Monique Remy in Grasse, which specializes in the production of premium raw materials. It is also concentrated at 25%, which is quite a lot for a designer perfume. All this is to say that Costume National Homme Parfum is a very high quality product, and that is reflected in the price. The original was similarly spicy, but absolutely dominated by cloves. Cloves and I have a difficult relationship; I do enjoy some fragrances with cloves in them, such as Portrait of a Lady and Musc Ravageur, both by Frederic Malle, but on the whole I really don’t particularly enjoy cloves, either in fragrance or in food. The original also had a funky, herbal thyme note which clashed with the other notes in an unappealing manner, in my opinion.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment