276°
Posted 20 hours ago

REDSHIFT ShockStop Suspension Seatpost for Bicycles

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

My bike has a 25.4mm seatpost. Do you have a shim for that size?The short answer is no. Both of our seatposts are only available in 27.2mm diameter. Since that is larger than 25.4mm, it is not possible to use a shim to adapt the seatpost to your frame. Suspension seatposts allow you to pedal while seated on terrain that normally requires standing up. Compared to a rigid post on the same bumpy climb, I find that my legs often feel fresher simply because I’m standing up less.

I have one. It’s the best suspension seatpost I’ve used to date (I’ve no experience with the Kinekt, but have had Cane Creek Thudbuster LTs on 3 or 4 of My bikes, 2 Thudbuster STs (still have one); a by.Schultz LT 2.0; ridden a SunTour on girlfriend’s bike and cheap rubbish PostModern as a novice rider over 20 years ago). Below are My observations: I’ve only gotten four or five rides in with the new Thudbuster, but I’m quite impressed. The redesigned seat clamp is fantastic, and I found the new elastomer system to work very well. Unlike some of the softer, coil-sprung posts, the new Thudbuster offers a nice mix of chatter dampening and medium-hit suspension to take the edge off of sharper bumps. And, it doesn’t feel as if it has as much of an effect on pedaling efficiency as other, longer travel posts do. It’s possible to vary the saddle angle between the two positions, with the nose of the saddle being 1, 3, or 5 degrees lower when in the forwards position.“ Wilde Bikes X Country Bar: Getting Rolling – Velofed on Gravel Grinder News: Wilde Bicycle Co. DebutsWhen engaged, the suspension linkage compresses a steel spring inside the post’s column that’s sandwiched in between two plastic spacers. All of these innards are compressed against a hollow plastic pipe that seats against a threaded preload screw at the bottom of the post. Redshift also includes a smaller, secondary internal spring to provide additional firmness, depending on your desired ride feel. The photo sequence above shows me sitting on it set up out of the box—main spring only, with preload somewhere in the middle—with its sag affected by only my weight (about 175lbs). The air seatpost showed little difference from the typical carbon seatpost in this test. Choosing The Suspension Travel The Cane Creek Thudbuster LT (left) has 90mm of vertical travel, while the Thudbuster ST has 50mm. The other dropper option is the PNW Coast, which has 40mm of suspension travel and is the best-value dropper, by far. Since ultra-distance bike races have no such rules, why wouldn’t ultra-distance cyclists want to have a seatpost that puts the saddle as far forward as possible all the time? The reason is that ultra-distance road cyclists tend to use drop handlebars with aerobars mounted to them and frequently switch between the positions. But the key difference to a carbon post is that the spring rate isn’t determined by how much exposed seatpost you have, allowing you to tune it perfectly to your body weight, using the five different elastomers available.

Seatpost] Will my saddle bag fit with the Dual-Position Seatpost?Most standard strap-based saddle bags will fit the dual-position seatpost without issue. Elastomer springs are the quiet achievers as they are much less noticeable underneath you. This is the result of elastomers having an inherently slower rebound speed after an impact, which is particularly beneficial while riding on fast, bumpy surfaces like gravel roads. In addition to requiring a few more minutes to install and make fit adjustments, owners need to remove the post and clean between the leaf springs several times a season, especially if riding in wet and muddy conditions.If you ride a mix of gravel and tarmac roads, I don’t know if you can do any better than the Cane Creek eeSilk. For my riding style, I’d love to be able to slide the saddle forward just a couple millimeters more than I can with the current seat head. For most riders, this won’t be an issue, but I prefer a more forward saddle position. Saddle choice can help here, but ideally the seat head would allow for more forward adjustment. The Verdict… for now I appreciate you said that it takes a positive action to alter/swing the saddle position, but is there any hint of a suspension effect? There must be a small amount of give? Suspension seatposts are available with anything from 20 to 90mm of travel. So, how much travel is best for you?

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment