276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Environmental Castin'Craft Easymold Silicone Putty 1/2 Lb, Purple, 1 Pack

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Remove your object from the mold. This is a crucial step in ensuring that your mold does not break or get damaged, so ensure that you are gentle, and everything should be perfectly fine. Any mold-making kit will essentially say the same thing; do not try to pull the object out of the mold, bent the mold away from the edges of the object, and allow the object to pop out on its own without any prying on your end.

The liquid can get into every nook and cranny of the item you’re making a mold of, meaning it produces great detail. No mold release required for most applications, and it has a high heat range of up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. The molds are reusable if they aren’t damaged (mine was damaged, will talk more about that in a bit). Silicone rubber is FDA approved which means that it is not toxic, although consuming it is not advised as it could easily cause an obstruction. Not all silicone rubber is food-safe though, so ensure that you know what kind of silicone rubber you are working with. The second way is to make an item from polymer clay and then create a mold from that polymer clay object. You would then use the silicone mold to make more polymer clay objects or you could use the mold with other materials like chocolate, wax, resin, soap, or even low melt metal. I’ve tried three different brands of putties: Amazing Mold, EasyMold and Aeromarine Platinum Silicone Molding Putty on Kato polymer clay. If the putty dries, it has tiny little bubbles in it, so it’s having some kind of adverse chemical reaction. All of them worked fine on metal objects. I now realize Kato brand is the problem, not polymer clay in general, so thank you, Ginger! I also tried Sculpey Bake and Bend to make a mold and it doesn’t bend or I did something wrong.If you’re feeling impatient, you can heat cure the mold by putting the mold only (not the item you are making an impression of) in the regular oven (not a toaster oven) on aluminum foil or a cookie sheet. The guidelines say to place in the center of the oven—or at least 6” from the heating elements—and make for 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes. I did test out heat curing mine, and it worked just fine. Casting Resin in the DIY Silicone Putty Mold You can find silicone in your home’s kitchen. Baking trays, cake molds, egg flippers, knife sheaths, turkey basters, food containers, and strainers are all made of silicone rubber. In the automotive and electronics field silicone rubber can be used to create gasket sets, insulation for exposed wiring, seals for oil containers, trim for vehicle exteriors, grips for screwdrivers, and containers for tools. This silicone putty works great for crafts using resin, wax, baking, candies, ice cubes, soap, air dry clay, concrete, plaster, and even low-melt metals. Once cured, the molds have a high heat range—up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Making unique Art is fabulous, but being able to reproduce it is even better… It just seems magical when you have a mold and can create many. Let me show you how to make your own Silicone Mold Putty Why make a mold? Long story short—I had to cut the mold up pretty badly to get the resin succulent out. Kind of defeats the purpose of springing for silicone that makes reusable molds, right? But it was a trial and error process. I now know that for an item like this, it would probably be best to do a glove mold or a multipart mold. Nonetheless, you can see that I actually was able to replicate the succulent! Pretty cool.

I love polymer clay and I love silicone mold putty. In fact I recently explored the difference between two main brands of silicone mold putty, Easy Mold and Amazing Mold Putty. And if you work with polymer clay, sooner or later you begin to get curious about using silicone mold putty and begin to think about how it works with polymer clay. And if you can use them together. Here are two ways that you can use polymer clay with silicone mold putty. Using Silicone Molds to Create a Polymer Clay Object Silicone mold is a pretty straightforward material as far as crafting supplies go, so why does every silicone mold kit claim to be the best one on the market? Let’s have a look at some of the best products on the market today and see why they claim to be the best silicone mold kit out there while comparing some of their pros and cons. There’s a second way to make your own silicone mold that I tried out and want to share. While the first version used a silicone putty to make an impression mold, the second using a pourable/brush-able liquid silicone to make a mold. Amazing moulding putty.... by far my favourite of all the moulding putty’s , it’s perfect for botanical moulds as it captures all the detail and is nice and flexible so releases the clay easily. Once you are sure that there are no gaps, that the object is firmly indented in the resin, and that the resin won’t move away from the object in question, move on to the next step in the process.

Perhaps you have some antique item that you would like to make a texture sheet of. This is a very old iron table top that I made a texture casting of. Use this inside a shape to add texture. Read all EasyMold official instructions and warnings before getting started.) Step 1: Mix the two parts of silicone

To test out my mold, I used a two-part epoxy resin colored with a light pink mica dye powder. And it worked out great! The mold did develop a bit of a condensation on it, but I didn’t wipe or clean it before using it. Alumilite Amazing Mould Putty - use this moulding compound to create flexiblefood safesilicone moulds with high detail in just 20 minutes!You can learn more about using silicone molds with polymer clay in my article here. I show you how to fill the molds, get a good impression, and de-mold the cast without distortion. Making Silicone Molds from a Polymer Clay Object

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment