276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Mercedes-Benz Original ATF 134 1L MB236.14 Automatic Transmission Oil/Fluid

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Rebuilding transmission is above the average DIYer and should be handled by special transmission shops or dealers so this FAQ stops the major mechanical problem discussion here. at times the car will go for several trips without having it happen, and others it will happen on every stop of my trip

If the fluid is new, it will be reddish-pink. However, when it needs replacement, it will look brownish red instead. If your transmission has been one of the few that fail, you should consider a remanufactured or used transmission with low miles. Before you rush into replacing the transmission, read the fault codes from the transmission control unit using a scanner such as the YOUCANIC Scanner and go from there. What Scanner to use for diagnosing Transmission Problems on Mercedes-Benz? Nowadays, there are almost no fluids with only one type of viscosity. Those fluids are called monograde oils. You can find monograde oils that go from SAE 75 to SAE 140. Do NOT use ANY fluid that states "DEXRON XXX" nor ANY Multi-spec or generic "6-speed ATF transmission fluid" in 7-speed or 9-speed gearboxes.

What Scanner to use for diagnosing Transmission Problems on Mercedes-Benz?

Dexron III/Mercon - This is one of the most common automatic transmission fluids on the market and is the right ATF fluid for most GM and Ford cars as well as many Japanese and European brands.

You shouldn’t need to fill the transmission fluid unless there is a leak or defect. Look for leaks under the car to determine where the problem is coming from. Using the wrong type of fluid or oil can lead to excessive wear and tear. In turn, that wear will reduce the life of your gearbox or transmission, and lead to early replacement and unnecessary expense. Automatic transmission fluid (ATF) You can usually find this information in the owner's manual. If there is an emergency and you do not know which kind of oil you need, you can use a GL-4 oil until you can buy the right one. Because of the nature of its work within your automatic transmission, the ATF also needs to incorporate anti-wear additives to combat rust and corrosion. It also needs to be finder due to the cogs and gears are much smaller than in a manual gearbox. The key is to choose the right quantity, quality, and type of lubricant you will use. There are manual transmission fluids and automatic transmission fluids. Manual transmission fluidThese are the leading causes for limp mode, but limp mode could happen for other reasons which may not be directly related to the transmission. How to troubleshoot my car that is not shifting? Many mechanics will tell you that a "generic" 6-speed auto transmission fluid is OK. But believe me it's not, because most of those are DEXRON III fluids, so don't accept them. If the fluid is low but looks good, you can top it off. However, you will want to figure out what is happening to the fluid, because it shouldn’t be leaking.

if I wait for a while, sometimes 3 seconds, sometimes up to a minute or two, and try again a few times eventually the shifter always moves forward and lets me put the car into Park again The transmission will be in this mode until the codes are cleared from the ETC by Mercedes HHT (Hand Held Tester) or SDS (Star Diagnostic System) or some third party special scanners or even the reversely engineered ones. Generic OBD II scanners cannot clear these codes from the ETC (although they can clear the corresponding generic OBD II codes).Hi, great article. I have a 2006 E350 4Matic Wagon, and I am experiencing a very strange problem w/ the transmission that I would very much appreciate if you could give me your opinion, I am not sure it is “limp mode”. This is what happens: Any unknown oil or fluid has no place in your car’s engine or components. Get it recycled or dispose of it properly. Otherwise, you could well be poisoning your car. Automatic transmission fluid replacement prices The first question we’re going to cover before we get anywhere near debating what fluid or oil changes should or shouldn’t cost, is which one you actually need. DEXRON specs are Not suitable for 7 and 9 speed transmissions. Those really give the fluid a thrashing.

The most useful thing to do is to have the ETC trouble codes read. This requires a Mercedes HHT (Hand Held Tester) or SDS (Star Diagnostic System) or some third party special scanners or even the reversely engineered ones. These codes are pretty accurate at pointing to the fault that caused the limp mode. For example, it may have codes for speed sensors or the shift module.

\n\t\t\tHalfords Transmission & Power Steering Fluid 1L

Slipping can also be combined with sudden shifting, RPM spikes and grinding noises. All of these indicate that there is a problem and vital friction materials are unable to engage. If left to continue, significant transmission damage could occur. 2. Overheated Transmission

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment