276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Daddysaurus T-Rex Dinosaur, papa, dad, Daddy, Father, Funny Mens T-Shirt

£5.475£10.95Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I read this with my almost 3 year old and 2 month old. It was well loved by my older son, especially since we’ve read several books in this series already. The illustrations were great at drawing him in and the rhyming kept him entertained throughout the story. I really appreciated the diversity in characters. Additionally. I love the Easter eggs hidden throughout, for example, the gingerbread man hung up on the wall. The blueprints and trap designs really speak to my engineering soul.

How to Catch a Daddysaurus is another fun addition to the "How To Catch" series by Alice Walstead. The group of children that are in each book are a multi-cultural group of friends that work together to try to catch a Daddysaurus. In the story, they set traps, share what a daddysaurus does and make a real mess. At the end, they realize that they just have to yell out "We Love You Daddysaurus" and he will appear. The Catch Club Kids, a group of sprightly children, attempts to trap a Daddysaurus — a mystical creature capable of such amazing acts of kindness, bravery, brilliance, and humour. A perfect read aloud for preschool and early elementary, the rhyming gives this book a lyrical feel. My little guy is 4 and I feel that the STEM isn't something that he is consciously noticing, but it is for this reason that I believe this is a book that will grow with him.

Site Customisation

How to Catch a Daddysaurus is a colourful picture book by Alice Walstead. It is the latest addition to the ‘How to Catch’ series. The book is meant for children in the 4-8 years age category. The only complaint I have for this story is that it’s more subtle in its trap design in comparison with some of the previous books. My son and I love going through the traps and silliness the characters get up to in other books in the series. The illustrations are engaging, help to tell the story, and keep younger kids interested. There are so many things to spot in the pictures as well. One of the things that I particularly appreciate about this series is the racial diversity in the crew of kids. I've only read one other book in this series, How to Catch a Dinosaur, and it is unclear to me if the kids are meant to be friends or siblings. A legend is told of a creature near-perfect, known for a kindness and bravery that’s rare. He’s also loving, fun, patient, and smart — to catch him will take a trap with great care.” Kindness, keeping fit, taking care of things, the importance of good eating habits, appreciation for nature, working hard, and interest in STEM are a few of the topics covered.

The book is filled with silly rhymes and playful illustrations that will delight young readers and educators alike. The Catch Club Kids try to trap the Daddysaurus using all his favorite activities but soon realize that they may need a little bit of sweetness to capture him. The book promotes STEAM concepts, making it an excellent educational resource for parents and teachers.

How to Catch a Daddysaurus" by Alice Walstead is an enchanting picture book that tells the story of the Catch Club Kids, a group of children on a mission to capture the elusive Daddysaurus. The book is targeted at children aged 4-10 and is perfect for sharing with dads on special occasions like Father's Day or Christmas. The illustrations by Andy Elkerton are fabulous—bright, colourful, and diverse. But since the book is meant for children in the 4-8 years age group, I feel the characters could have been more appropriate for the targeted audience group. Instead of a bunch of teens, pictures of younger kids would make it more relatable. Our Thoughts ~ Great read we loved the meaning behind the book as well as the very detailed illustrations you felt like you were there going through it with them. we have an inside joke in our house about my husband being a DaddySaurus that is why we choose this book. My daughter saw the title and immediately said hey that's what we call dad. It was a funny meaningful book we read it together in front of my husband and he gave us a look like he understood how greatful we are for him (our Daddysaurus❤️) The newest addition in the New York Times and USA Today bestselling How to Catch series—do YOU have the rad skills needed to catch the mystical Daddysaurus?

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment