276°
Posted 20 hours ago

LYFT-RX Weightlifting Hook Grip Tape w/Premium Adhesive for Olympic Weight Lift, Cross Training & Lifting, Stretch Fit Athletic Finger Wrap, Protects Thumb Fingers Hand & Enhances Grip

£5.745£11.49Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Even though I had good experiences with the Goat Tape Scary Sticky Tape, there are a couple of drawbacks to using it. The most common “technique” I see employed is simply taking a length of athletic tape and wrapping it around the palm several times. The IWF states that tape can be worn on your thumbs and fingers but your fingertips must be exposed.

Be careful not to press so tight that the tape cuts off your blood flow or makes it difficult to move your thumb.This means you won’t have to take too much time out of your workout if you have to retape your thumbs. It stays on your skin during the most intense and sweatiest workouts, indoors or outdoors, rain or shine! There’s no reason why you can’t use lifting tape every time you lift, but it’s not necessary for lifts that you don’t use the hook grip for. Wrapping it all the way around your hands to protect your palms will require more tape than wrapping it around your thumbs, which will cause you to go through it faster. On top of this, it provides a barrier to stop the knurling (the grippy bit of a barbell) of the bar from grating your thumbs like a block of cheese.

You can easily tear our thumb tape with no scissors needed, and get it off without the residue that leaves your hand sticky. RockTape has been working with Crossfit athletes since the 2010 games and is proud to be associated with Crossfit.

And even though I also use chalk, I like having extra peace of mind that the bar won’t slip out of my hands once I start sweating. Start at the base of your thumb and then wrap the tape fully around your thumb, covering the entire digit.

BEND YOUR FINGERS – Stiff, old athletic tape constricts the blood flow and range of motion of your fingers. The width was perfect for me, but if you have small hands or short thumbs, you may choose to split the tape in half lengthwise before you wrap your thumbs. Tear the thumb tape to the right length, making sure it is long enough to wrap around your thumb and provide support and protection. Brilliant for the younger gymnasts that require better feeling and grip of the bar that you can’t get from using traditional handguards.

With its unique stretch and superior adhesive, RockTape creates a bio-mechanical lifting mechanism which delays fatigue, stabilizes joints, prevents ring and hand burn and promotes proper form.

If you want to know more about our tape and understand the engineering behind what makes us different. What makes this tape unique is that during the manufacturing process, the adhesiveness bleeds through the fabric. If you have any questions don’t hesitate to contact us, or follow our YOUTUBE CHANNEL for access to even more taping tips. The WOD Guys is not affiliated with CrossFit, Inc nor is it endorsed by CrossFit, Inc or any of its subsidiaries.Bound with a strong waterproof adhesive, this tape requires a single application per session and won't budge even in most demanding of circumstance. If you don’t want to use lifting tape every time you lift, you can try leaving it off for your warmup sets and only using it for your heavier working sets. I used this tape for a strength session with multiple sets of deadlifts followed by a CrossFit WOD with lots of power cleans, and it stayed on the entire time. Prevent cuts and blisters, snatch more securely, or stay on the rings for one more muscle-up with CrossFit’s workout tape.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment