276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Powerless: The must-read, small-town romance and TikTok bestseller! (Chestnut Springs Book 3)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It was beautiful and comforting to watch them FINALLY acting on their feelings after years of ignoring each other, and the way I was feeling all giddy and giggling because of their sweet and wholesome moments and their sweet friendly banter and here and there touches like they just can't get enough of each other. They were always made for each other. The moment they laid eyes on each other they knew that no matter what happens its always going to be Jasper and Sloane against everything in this world. It doesn’t matter that my love for him is pathetic and tragically unrequited. It just is. The sky is blue. The grass is green. And I’ve loved Jasper Gervais from the first day I laid eyes on him." So when my life falls apart on my wedding day, it only makes sense that he’s the one to swoop in and save me. And when his world comes crashing down around him, I’m there to return the favor. Willa has been used to more freedom in her life, is more of a free spirit and finds a sense of purpose and direction with Cade, his son and his family. You’re the least scary thing in my life. You’re not just tattooed on my skin. You’re branded on my heart. Woven into the fiber of my being. The most constant and reassuring person in my life. When I close my eyes, I see you. When you’re away from me, I dream about you. When I need someone to lean on, you are always there for me. God. You’ve loved me when I haven’t even been able to love myself.”

it's always the quiet ones apparently!!!! FILTHY. like this is a slow burn but then the spice will have you blushing from head to toe, ok? I was a bit frustrated by what led to Sloane heading to the altar with a complete twit like her fiancé. He seems so absolutely clueless that it made me think a bit less of her that she let herself end up there.. but that's all part of the journey.I’m not an enthusiast of friends to lovers and was a little scared to be once again disappointed with the "Why the hell haven’t they acted on their feelings yet????". I was excited for this one bc I read the first two books (didn't like the first one much but loved the second.) and Jasper was always such an enigma and I was curious about his story. Jasper is an NHL goalie and Sloane is a prima ballerina, they have been friends since childhood but Sloane has always been in love with Jasper. She is engaged to another man when things go wrong and Jasper and Sloane have to confront the feelings they have had for each other for years.

Willa might be a bit of psycho—after all, she did just push a child into the pool—but the more time I spend with her, the more I feel like she’s my psycho." OHMYGAWD! The level of obsession I now have with this series known no bounds. NONE. Obsessed is an understatement. And suddenly I find myself longing for him in a way the people closest to me wouldn’t approve of or understand. Powerless is another remarkable book out of Chestnut Springs! I know I’m a rarity but friends to lovers is one of my favorite troupes and Elsie Silver wrote it PERFECTLY with this book! The connection and chemistry between Jasper and Sloane is so good throughout the book thanks to their long friendship! Sloane always had a crush on Jasper but now that she was about to get married it seems more and more that he may like her too. It’s a slow burn romance but that build up made me fall in love with them even more as there were so many small moments showing how much they always just understood what the other needed! Once they finally get together…whew! Jasper is dirty and the romance gets spicy but I loved how Sloane was living for it! From beginning to end, I was addicted to these two characters! The only scenes that got me through this book were the Willa x Cade scenes and Winter x Theo first meeting.I have realized something and that is that Friends to Lovers is not my favorite trope...especially if it takes 18 years to get together (okay let’s say 10 years since she was 18).

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment