Magento Forum - UK Magento Forum (Unofficial)

An unofficial but dedicated Magento Forum for Magento Users, Designers and Developers

Hello

New members, introduce yourselves here...

Hello

Postby meemal » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:09 am

I've been trying to set up a store using magento for a little while now, with lots challenges and some success. I love so much about magento, but have found the official community a little hard to get answers from when you hit a problem, or a bug. This forum was reccommended to me while venting my dispair about getting a lack of response on the official forum! I join up with hope that there are some people with answers about Magento somewhere!

About me, I'm actually more of a flash coder and don't too much web stuff further than embedding flash really. I wanted to start a soft toy shop online, hopefully leading to leaving the rat race and going totally freelance with a bit extra income from the shop to see me through dry spells! I don't have solid php, css, sql....am definitly more of a guddler!!! So, getting my head around magento has been a challenge so far, but I would like to stick with it as it has such powerful features!
meemal

Re: Hello

Postby edmondscommerce » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:28 pm

welcome to the forum :)

if your PHP skills aren't really up to that much then you might be best not trying to understand the code, just learn how to use the system as is, find extensions to meet any custom requirements in terms of functionality and use an off the shelf theme for your design

of course you can tweak your design a bit but generally this is going to be your best solution to get up and running and transactional as quickly as possible.
edmondscommerce

Re: Hello

Postby meemal » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:43 am

Yeh, definitly sounds like a sensible plan!
meemal

Return to Welcome to the Unofficial Magento Forum