276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Love Warrior: A Memoir

£6.575£13.15Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It details Doyle’s decision to “let go of the world’s expectations of her”, according to the blurb, and explains how “each of us can begin to trust ourselves enough to set boundaries, make peace with our bodies, honour our anger and heartbreak, and unleash our truest, wildest instincts”. In 2014, Parents named Doyle and Momastery the winner of its award for Best All-Around at Social Media. I'm surprised I even finished the book--if I hadn't been waiting for something new from the library and I wasn't trapped feeding a newborn for long stretches of time, I probably wouldn't have.

Love Warrior Book Summary, by Glennon Doyle - Allen Cheng Love Warrior Book Summary, by Glennon Doyle - Allen Cheng

She delves into the rigid cultural expectations for women, which sort of explains her difficulties, but nothing is ever fleshed out until we get to the end when she goes into way too much detail about learning to breathe, yoga, church, etc. That if you are white enough, wealthy enough, and lucky enough in your life circumstances you can do what you want to people and still be comfortable with yourself? The book focuses on the slow dissolve of her marriage after her husband reveals that he has been cheating on her with other women for the entire time that they have been married.I did not read her first book but picked up this on friend's recommendation and, frankly, because I couldn't believe what a tizzy Jennifer Weiner threw when THIS book was chosen by Oprah, not hers. Glennon's story about the resurrection of her marriage (a tale of a woman daring to come into her body, and a man daring to come into his mind, and the two of them daring--with outrageous courage--to trust each other) is something beyond merely inspirational; it is epic.

Love Warrior: A Memoir by Glennon Doyle, Glennon Doyle Melton Love Warrior: A Memoir by Glennon Doyle, Glennon Doyle Melton

While working with my friend Ovi's company SocialBee, I had the good fortune of Maria writing over 200 summaries for us over the course of 18 months. I also feel a bit on this book like I did in Lean In (Sandburg) in that she seemed to have plenty of money to help her out - the ability to go to a therapist any time she wanted (as did her husband) as well as breathing classes, yoga classes, a pick up an move to FL - cause she wanted to be near the water, her sister to come to her at the drop of a hat, etc. Now sober, Melton finds herself struggling with depression as a result of the end of her marriage and the loss of love from someone who meant everything to her. When she delivers the news to Craig, he is distraught and tells her that he is determined to win her back. My ears perked up when Glennon said that for years she and her friends had spent years talking with one another about everything but what mattered.Love Warrior is a gorgeous and inspiring account of how we are born to be warriors: strong, powerful, and brave; able to confront the pain and claim the love that exists for us all. She gets ill and her husband happily moves them all to Florida where she can spend time listening to the ocean and watching sunsets!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment