276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Meta Quest 2 - Advanced All-In-One VR Headset - 256 GB

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Intuitive Touch controllers transport your movements directly into VR. Explore over 1,000 titles by connecting your VR headset to a gaming-compatible computer with a Meta Quest Link cable (PC and cable sold separately). Share the experience with virtual social spaces, multiplayer gaming and virtual stadiums. Let others watch your performance by casting your VR experience to compatible TVs and other screens. There’s no end to what you can play, create and discover with Meta Quest 2. Protect your Quest 2 on the move with a contoured foam inner moulding holds contents in place as you travel, absorbing rattles and bumps One prominent feature of the Quest 2 is its ability to be hooked to a PC. My only intention is to play independently though I would have tested for the sake of my review, though I’m strictly a Mac user at present due to work. With that issue aside, to allow fair judgement, I put on my previous Oculus and observed the difference. The Quest 2 in COMPARISON is notably better, even with the blur issue present.

A sleek design and surprisingly light weight, the headset itself has no issues aesthetically, it looks and feels pleasing. The controls are mere symbols now without text, so as a new user you’d have to go by trial and error rather than knowing what you are pressing. I’d hope there is a setting to make this otherwise. Thrill seeker throughly stress tested his quest 2 and even dropped it from 10ft and it lived, it’s durability is not a concern, but the interface is a very big weak point, even in his video it was the first thing to break.The controllers thankfully still take an AA battery in each one and they come installed with one. Simply slide out the plastic tabs and the batteries make their connection and the controllers are ready to use. Apparently greater attention was given to ensure that the battery compartment slider doesn’t slide off during frantic gameplay as it supposedly did with the Quest, though this never did happen to me. Next, I observed blur - mostly at the sides and then cam the revelation that the lenses could be adjusted after reading the cardboard tabs I’d removed containing the instruction to do so. There’s a 3 point adjuster in which you grab one (or both) of the tense which move together through a range of 3 positions.

Come together in incredible social spaces and multiplayer arenas as you take in live events with friends and family, find your new workout crew or join quests with fellow adventurers Firstly, the setup screen (mostly white and pastels colours) wasn’t giving me enough imagery to judge, though my opinion still remains the same having ventured in. For boneworks and such there is no issue, adaptive resolution can help there but, for games like vrchat it struggles heavily on maximum resolution. Large items (delivered by two people, such as appliances and furniture) can be returned using our Home Collection service.If you cannot meet the 72fps target your best bet is 90hz and running 45FPS with space warp enabled. Set up for safety - Quest 2’s easy-to-use Guardian boundary lets you set your designated play space and alerts you if you move outside it The grip is different in reflection of the size difference and reportedly the triggers are ‘easier to use’ though they feel the same as the Quest to me - good quality and they do the job. Store your Quest 2 safely, wherever you are, with a dual-shell outer casing that keeps your headset and accessories out of harm EDIT: Having used for hours now, the side bands sometimes saw into the tops of my ears which is a slight irritant, but excusable.

Switching on the headset I was greeted with the introduction which shows graphics / animations pertaining to button use and Oculus Guardian setup. For those unfamiliar with VR, Guardian setup is a virtual line which is draw around the room (with the controller) with the threshold set at point where you might bump into things. An amazing VR headset capable of running VR games standalone using it’s modded Snapdragon 865/Qualcomm XR2 chip or playing them linked to a computer, wirelessly and with a wire. At this point, I feel it was at least half of the ‘moment of truth’. Immediately I was judging the graphics at this point (ex Crisp, clear and quality. I did feel that it was better than the Quest sound quality, though it was up full volume whereas I usually listen at half that volume.There are going to be two distinct people with regards to how image will be judged. First there are those who will compare against the Quest and those who will just be amazed as a first time VR user. A built-in battery lets you explore further for longer as you discover a growing library of over 350 titles across gaming, social/multiplayer, fitness and entertainment. Incredible social spaces and multiplayer arenas let you meet, play and build communities with people from all over the world.

The minimum spec I found to run these games smoothly at 72/80fps was a 1660 and 12GB of DDR4 2400/2666 ram on a recent 4 core cpu (I5 8th/9th Gen or a Ryzen 5) Creation Consumer Finance Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (Register no. 311518).The meta quest is great hands down, but if you plan to use this there's a lot of issues with the base version

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment