276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Indicative Trauma Impact Manual ITIM: ITIM for Professionals

£17.62£35.24Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

However, the only model there is to work from at present, is the medical model of mental health (DSM and ICD), and so there have been no alternatives, other than to refer people to their doctor, to mental health teams, and then to psychiatric medication. As a family law barrister and academic, I have long been concerned about the pathologisation of women in care proceedings and private law children proceedings. No matter where you reside in the world, you can now book on to any of our courses and time zones which suit you best! Considering that humans are naturally anxious creatures for survival, and how this comes into play within modern day societal structures, I think this tool will provide much needed political and social context to understanding the traumatised population.

Indicative Trauma Impact Manual (ITIM) for (PDF) Book Review: Indicative Trauma Impact Manual (ITIM) for

Her revolutionary ideas stem from a new school of thought that is fighting against the pathologization of mental health. I hope mental health practitioners feel brave enough to explore these ideas, finally adopt approaches that are holistic, and take into account the social, political and cultural impacts upon the distress people experience. It is a must-read for anyone seeking to broaden their understanding of mental health issues and how we can approach them in a more meaningful way.If you or your organisation needs training or help implementing the ITIM please get in touch with us today!

Indicative Trauma Impact Manual 2023 (ITIM) - victimfocus resources Indicative Trauma Impact Manual 2023 (ITIM) - victimfocus

VictimFocus Trainers and Accredited Practitioners are independent professionals (employed or self-employed) who have undertaken our training and assessment and gained our accreditation. The service is well-informed, well-educated and provides an evidence-based approach to trauma, distress, abuse, harm, and oppression. The service rejects the pathologisation of their clients, and does not support the pathologisation of responses to human trauma.

Do you want to learn how to become an independent trauma advocate who challenges the medical model of mental health in your work? Having studied Psychology and working in the field of healthcare and education, I’ve long since known that commonly used theories and models of mental illness minimise and ignore so many factors and lead people to stigma, exclusion and harmful pathologisation. It promotes understanding, compassion and validation rather than labels and limited ‘treatment’ options that are the current standard response. In my opinion, the A-Z exhaustive list of trauma responses and coping mechanisms is the highlight of the manual and most valuable for clinicians and the general public. The book is a really clear breakdown of the different approaches to mental health, offering a nuanced perspective that is well-evidenced and backed up.

The ITIM, the world’s first handbook providing an - Pressat

The ITIM has built on the excellent trauma-informed work of other scholars, academics, and practitioners, and their support has been invaluable to Jessica and I.

It is a first edition, and will no doubt need many revisions and editions, but we have to start somewhere.

Indicative Trauma Impact Manual ITIM: ITIM for Professionals Paperback Indicative Trauma Impact Manual ITIM: ITIM for Professionals

Humans are distressed, tired, overworked, traumatised, controlled, abused, exploited, confused, lost, scared, and feel helpless. I started reading and couldn’t put this down, all I can think is that I wish I had this 30 years ago when I was working with survivors so they could see in writing they were not crazy. The service provides logical and rational approaches to traumatised people, which demonstrably consider what is in the best interests of their clients. The ITIM is the world’s first completely trauma-informed manual of its kind, designed to indicate, respond to, and understand every kind of human trauma and emotion.This world-first trauma-informed manual equips progressive professionals with evidence-based, anti-oppressive, anti-blaming and non-diagnostic information about a wide range of human emotion, thought, and behaviour. Trauma informed approach is so desperately needed in society to prevent barriers to employment, adoption, education, housing and so much more. The ITIM (Indicative Trauma Impact Manual) is the world’s first completely trauma-informed manual of its kind, designed to indicate, respond to, and understand every kind of human trauma and emotion.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment