276°
Posted 20 hours ago

A Book of Pagan Prayer

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Finally, undertaking the reflective task of writing your own prepared prayers can help you delve deep into the mythology of your deities and reach deeper levels of understanding of their stories and symbols. A handwritten or custom-designed prayer book is both an heirloom and a repository of power. Norse Heathens may favour verses from the Prose Edda or the Poetic Edda – 13th-century Icelandic texts written in Old Norse. Druidry I have looser relationships with numerous other deities. If the Gods listed above are family who live in my house or perhaps down the street, these are the relatives who live far away that I see once or twice a year. I pray to Them on occasion. The second approach is simply to pray. Now, I don’t believe in praying to “the Universe” like some Christians pray to their God. That practice carries assumptions and implications I don’t believe are true.

Pagan Practice of Prayer | John Beckett - Patheos The Pagan Practice of Prayer | John Beckett - Patheos

Throughout your day, pay attention to any nature signs or omens. This could be anything – a praying mantis on the windshielf, a blue jay that seems to repetitively visit you, a cloud in the shape of a heart, a snail that’s entered the house, etc. The gods and ancestors often use nature to communicate with us. This is one of the most enriching daily pagan rituals in my practice. 10. Light IncenseThere may follow, according to the purpose of the rite, any or all of meditation, chanting, music, prayer, dance, the pouring of libations, recitations of poetry and/or the performance of sacred drama, and the sharing of food and drink. Lastly the circle will be formally unmade, the directions, elements, and all the forms of divinity that have been called upon thanked, as the rite ends. Clean up your altar on a daily basis. This means dump those ashes off your incense burner. Dust off any dirt or debris. Refresh your offerings. Make your altar a place worthy of the gods and ancestors. 27. Gaze at the Moon Once you’ve got some experience with other peoples’ prayers, start writing your own. Don’t try to be poetic, just write what comes to you: words of invocation, praise, thanksgiving, and needs. Then edit your draft to make it as deep and as reverent as possible. When you’ve done that a few times you should be able to do your own extemporaneous prayers without them sounding like Pagan versions of fundamentalist ramblings. Thanksgiving. If the Gods have been generous to you, say thank you. If They granted your request, say thank you. If They declined to grant your request and you realize They did you a big favor because you asked for something you didn’t really want, say thank you.

Pagan funeral | With Respects What to expect at a Pagan funeral | With Respects

Edred Thorsson talks about runic stadhas in his book on the Elder Futhark. Stadhas are similar to yoga positions. So whether you enjoy yoga or feel a connection to the runes, try physical positions like the runic stadhas or yoga on a daily basis. Even if you only do one or two in the morning to get your day started or in the evening to relax and connect. 6. Go for a Walk You can adapt the text and create your own Wiccan prayer for blessing a pregnancy, a marriage, a garden, a new baby, or in any blessing ritual. Print this Prayer 📄 Take time to plan the next sabbat. Write down ideas on traditions, rituals, food, etc. This is a fun daily pagan ritual to do with the whole family (if they are pagan, as well). 29. Call a Pagan Friend

Spells & Rituals

The Pagan tradition centres on the reverence of the natural world, so many opt for the most natural form of interment. A natural burial involves the burial of the deceased in a way that would encourage its decomposition and the fertility of the land in which it’s interred.

Daily Pagan Rituals: List of 30+ SIMPLE Everyday Traditions Daily Pagan Rituals: List of 30+ SIMPLE Everyday Traditions

Take fifteen minutes out of your day to read a spiritual book. Whatever topic you’re studying in the realm of paganism, set aside a little time daily to read and absorb what you are reading. If you don’t have time to read a book, listen to an audiobook while commuting to or from work. 12. Love Your Pets Done properly, prayer puts us in a state of reverence and introspection. When we realize Who we’re talking to, trivial things seem, well, trivial. What’s truly important rises to the top. We realize that however wise and powerful we may be, They’re more – far, far more. Like all spiritual practices, prayer works best when you work at it on a regular basis. Write or find a prayer you can say every day at the same time. It doesn’t have to be long – in many ways it’s better if it isn’t. My morning prayers are extremely short, because getting up in the morning is hard enough as it is. Depending on the branch of paganism the deceased was a part of, readings and poems can vary enormously. There’ll typically be a eulogy, and many prefer poems or prose written by themselves or their fellow pagans, while others may take them from a favourite book or text. Heathenry Still, if you need something, ask for it. If you have a relationship with a deity, they’re more likely to help you out of a difficult situation – particularly if you need something to be able to accomplish a task they’ve set in front of you. It is always good to ask for healing for yourself and your loved ones.

Fiction

Another prayer practice that might appeal to you is the creation and use of prayer beads to count out chants, mantras, or affirmations, or to hold as a focal object during prayer. Paganism is rich with symbols that you can incorporate into your beads, from stones or beads for different elements or intentions to charms or pendants representing different deities or sacred objects. Similarly, prayers of hope seem to be gaining traction in a more casual way. “Goddess, give me strength,” sounds like a pretty straightforward statement or even demand, but encapsulated in it is the hope that the Goddess will grant your request and energize you with renewed strength. It is an optimistic request borne from a need. Granted, in the moment, those requests may be made out of frustration or exhaustion, but there’s still hope that they’ll be fulfilled. Incorporating Prayer Into Your Practice

Prayers for the Pagan Mabon Sabbat - Learn Religions

References to the natural world, particularly the four elements of Earth, Fire, Air and Water and representations of those elements. While there is no one preferred method for the disposition of the body, a lot of Pagans choose the most eco-friendly option. Cremation Having said all that, if you don’t know who to pray to, just pray. And then listen. Prayer as a regular practice In addition to reading a spiritual book once a day, spend a few minutes doing further research on your god or goddess. This can be online or in books. Read your god or goddess’ mythology, folklore, and history. This gives honor to your god or goddess and enriches your relationship with them. 33. Listen to Music

If organized prayer — by which I mean dedicated time spent praying or contemplating — is something that appeals to you, then I recommend delving into the wonderful world of ancient and modern pagan prayer. The Sumerian high priestess Enheduanna (2300 BCE) wrote the Sumerian Temple Hymns, the first writing attributed to a known author. The Homeric Hymns (6th and 7th Century BCE) praise the ancient Greek gods. Similarly, the Orphic Hymns (2nd and 3rd Century CE) played a part in ancient initiation rituals. Hinduism has the Vedas (1500-900 BCE). I’ve heard people scoff and say they don’t kneel down to their gods, that they stand tall and proud with them. And that’s all well and good. You should have a cordial relationship with your deities, be comfortable around them, be proud to do their work on earth. But don’t you think occasionally you should pay your respects? After all, we’re talking about gods here, not imaginary friends. They’re ancient and powerful and deserving of homage. This incantation calls upon the goddess Morrighan, who is a Celticdeity of battle and sovereignty. As a goddess who determined kingship and land holdings, she can be called upon for assistance in protecting your property and the boundaries of your land. If you’ve been robbed lately, or are having trouble with trespassers, this prayer comes in particularly handy. You may wish to make this as martial as possible, with lots of banging drums, clapping, and even a sword or two thrown in as you march around the boundaries of your property.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment