276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Canon PIXMA G550 inkjet printer Colour 4800 x 1200 DPI A4 Wi-Fi

£103.54£207.08Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

You can modify your Repeat & Save subscription settings anytime by logging into the My Account section of the portal. Wireless printing requires a working network with wireless 802.11b/g/n or ad capability, operating at 2.4GHz. Wireless performance may vary based on terrain and distance between the printer and wireless network clients. On a Windows setup, you’re fine, it works as with every other printer (Mac or PC) I’ve reviewed for many years.

A4, A5, B5, A6, LTR, LGL, 4" x 6" (10x15cm), 5" x 7" (13x18cm), 7" x 10" (18x25cm), 8" x 10" (20x25cm), Square 5" x 5" (127mm x 127mm), Square 3.5" x 3.5" (89 mm x 89 mm), Card Size 55mm x 91 mm (2.17”x3.58”). Envelopes(DL, COM10, C5, Monarch). At this point I normally install the printer driver on my Mac and make warnings about not accidentally selecting the AirPrint Driver, since it’s a significantly dumbed down printer interface, and widely regarded as unsuitable for any serious printing. AirPrint enables users to print wirelessly from within applications on Apple devices to AirPrint Compatible Printers connected to a wireless network. You can use your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad to easily print via Airprint without the need to install drivers or configure the printer queue. Just tap 'print' and select your AirPrint compatible printer, and print!....It's that simple.In the rare instance that Canon removes a product from the Repeat & Save service (i.e. the product is discontinued) or cancels this service altogether, we will give you a 30-day notice informing you of this change.

Quite a few people have asked just why I’d look at such a low-end printer, given the sort of photo printing I do? Why bother with a G550 printer review? However I always say to test this for your own images and paper. As a result I find that the highest quality setting (~5 mins) does give an improvement in fine detail over the standard setting (~2 mins). This is at a level I can see with my strongest reading glasses, without needing to get the hand lens or USB microscope out ;-) There’s the obvious consumer photo printer market – people who just want to print their photos and do it more cheaply than using a lab. For this it mostly works. It’s particularly good in its handling of small print sizes, where it’s fast enough and will churn out a lot of snaps to hand round.

Canon PIXMA G550

The G650 is the same printer but with a 600 x 1200 dpi flatbed scanner on top, giving scanning and copying functions. It is also a bit higher at 167mm, compared the G550’s 136mm. Both measure 445mm x 340mm Printer features It’s important to realise that any profiles I’ve created are just for Mac/AirPrint use– they don’t profile at a low enough level to match normal ICC profiles, so they won’t work on Windows systems (normally they are interchangeable). [UPDATE video: Using Keith’s Mac ICC profiles on Windows ]

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment