276°
Posted 20 hours ago

So Lucky: The bold, brilliant Sunday Times bestseller you need to read this year

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

New mother Beth - in a reversal of stereotype - can’t deal with her husband’s lack of interest in sex (though their problems clearly run deeper). And “social media influencer” Lauren, about to be married to celebrity entrepreneur Gavin, shows off her Instagram-perfect life and body to adoring fans, but the rumours about her fiancé just won’t go away. She has made numerous documentaries about all sorts of things: polygamy, childbirth, Geisha, body image, breast cancer and even the movie Dirty Dancing. After the first few pages I couldn’t see myself ever liking Ruby, by the end of the book she was my hero! Beth is a new mother, running a successful wedding planning business but her seemingly perfect marriage is not so perfect after all and she's feeling neglected and sexually depraved!

There are 3 main characters in the book, however the chapters are split between Ruth and Beth’s POV. For all ebook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing HarperCollins username and password.You're so lucky" we hear it and say it all the time, but people only show the life they want to portray.

Ruby is struggling with a secret that has ruined not only her marriage but is also going a long way to taking her relationship with her daughter and her sanity. Work is a lot more fun, with Beth’s assistant Risky (named by her old siblings) who is very liberal and vocal when it comes to sex and relationships. Thank you to NetGalley and to the publisher for allowing me to read a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. It’s an incredible and wonderful thing to read her painfully accurate, heart warming and hilarious analysis of our age of comparison in this wonderful, powerful novel!So Lucky tells the story of three women, Ruby, Beth and Lauren, apparently leading very different lives. All is not as it seems, they may appear to be 'so lucky' but the truth behind the perfectly filtered images often hides something else entirely. Beth is a new mum in a marriage that is starting to feel claustrophobic and not even remotely rewarding, why doesn’t her husband want to have sex with her?

There was no perfect girl being swept off her feet by the knight in shining armour - this was a story of real insecurities, hang-ups and the pressure of living the perfect life. There are some truly laugh out loud parts in So Lucky and cringe-worthy scenes that made my toes curl. The story is told through 2 central characters: Firstly, Ruby, who is struggling to raise her young daughter whilst confronting issues with both her own body and her mum's acerbic tongue.

I cherish the pictures of her in the 1970s and 80s with the shoulder pads, lipstick and big hair, and I’ll always remember her red nails and the way she smelled of Chanel No 5.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment