276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Black Orchid by Tom Ford Eau De Parfum For Women, 50 ml

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I’ve not much else to add in describing this scent. The original smell is well known and has a bit of a cult following and this ‘version’ has many parallels to its predecessor, the EDP. The EDT is the brightest, freshest version of the scent. It’s better for spring or summer evenings. Out of the three this one has the best projection but the longevity is not as good - probably just 3-4 hours. I find this to be the most feminine leaning of the line although they are all perfectly unisex. Many people also smelled the truffle (mushroom) note, which has a musky, ambery, animalic scent, and even though my nose didn’t detect it, it doesn’t seem yours won’t.

A sweet amber-vanilla accord emerges as it dries down, with soft spices and booziness remaining as it fades. Sillage is fairly strong and longevity is long-lasting. Ideally worn during autumn/winter.The atomizer on the original one has a shinier, more goldish color and looks very clean and nice, while the fake one has a pale and rustic design. The majority of people are used to applying numerous sprays of the perfume, thinking it will make the fragrance last longer and project louder. A number of sprays that are needed for a fragrance to open properly and give you its best performance vary from scent to scent.

I compared the two of them side by side (one tiny spritz on each wrist) earlier this morning, and it was immediately apparent that the Parfum was behaving better. It's rounder, creamier and more chocolatey, it wants to seduce you. Most of the time I dress so called "old money" or dark academia-esque, goes with this style also due to earthiness and rum notes IMO. Yeah, despite the funky smell of ylang-ylang. I guess this could be categorized as dark academia partying fragrance. It is dark/gothic enough to go with the athmosphere but it is loud with a twist to it. Smells more educated, smoother compared to the EDP. At the bottom, you will find a serial number on both boxes, but on the original, you can see the batch code engraved in the box, while the fake one doesn’t contain one, which is a major difference.

It’s a professionally blended composition that requires strong, blending skills that Tom Ford tends to invest in its high-quality scents. The left side of the shirt, that probably was rubbed with my left wrist sprayed with BO Parfum, is smelling heavenly (truffles, vanilla, chocolate and liquor). For this scent, I get deep, dark, EARTHY chocolate. It's very rich and dense which translate to luxurious and opulent instead of candy-sweet and playful chocolate. There is definitely a fruity accord to match, and again, it's done in a way where it's rich and decadent. Just adding a hint of sweetness to the deep earthy chocolate. It never goes full gourmand since it does smell like you've unearthed this chunk of dark chocolate from under an old tree and it still has all the soil around it. You wouldn't really want to eat it. When they say it projects and lasts they weren’t wrong! Needs a new scale that goes beyond enormous and eternal hahaha. In theory it should be too much, but it’s not, and this is a testament to just how beautifully this is put together. Even the weighty gold bottle conveys pure opulence and luxury when you hold it in your hand. Projection was close to your bubble, so was sillage. This will be a scent that doesn't reach across a room- but anyone walking side by side with your or sitting across a restaurant table will be able to catch whiffs of this. Longevity was excellent. Applying at 8PM and a shower later, I woke up the next day and could still smell this on my skin.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment