276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Spotlight Oral Care Teeth Whitening Pen | Gently Whitens Teeth Gradually & Safely | Perfect for On-The-Go | Active Ingredients Including Hydrogen Peroxide | 2.1 mL/0.07 oz

£12.495£24.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Yes, Spotlight Whitening Strips used in conjunction with the whitening toothpaste over the course of 14-days gradually remove stains and whiten teeth. Results may be noticeable sooner. They are an easy to use at-home whitening solution, that will leave you feeling confident with your pearly whites. Pens deposit much less product onto your teeth, so can be used more frequently, but you should still aim for one to two applications per day (and limit use to one or two weeks at a time or as needed). Trays are commonly recommended for up to 30 minutes, and light kits are usually left in place for shorter periods of time, often less than 10 minutes. The duration for both varies but is usually no more than two or three weeks in total. Whiter teeth are top of everyone’s beauty wish list. Whether you’re a coffee addict or need to remove the telltale signs of a few too many merlots, there’s a kit out there for you. Crest 3D White Whitestrips: We found these strips to be affordable and convenient, but they definitely made our teeth more sensitive—so much so, in fact, that we had to discontinue testing early.

The bottom line is that this product can work, but only under certain circumstances. We think it’s best used for someone who wants to brighten their teeth for an event and doesn’t mind enduring some temporary abrasiveness or for someone who has pretty white teeth and wants to occasionally touch up their shade. Make an appointment with your dentist" says Dr Kinsella. "In-clinic whitening will give you the best results every time, because we can legally use stronger products with higher concentrations of bleach. These DIY alternatives can still be effective, but they're usually much weaker and best used as a top-up." How often should you whiten your teeth?Proper oral care is something we all need and deserve. Here are some more options to consider when choosing your next toothbrush brand: Dr Hanna Kinsella, cosmetic dentist and founder of Icy Bear Dental, explains: "Hydrogen peroxide is a weak acid with strong oxidising properties, meaning it steals the electrons that hold the staining molecules together, causing them to fall apart. It will change the colour of your teeth, rather than simply removing surface stains. Carbamide peroxide is another similar ingredient."

Teeth-whitening strips are flexible, see-through strips that you wear to whiten yellow, grey or stained teeth. Each strip has a coating of whitening gel on one side which you apply directly to your teeth.In the UK, teeth whitening kits can be bought over the counter but only if they contain less than 0.1% hydrogen peroxide. This means they aren't as strong as professional whitening treatments, as a qualified dentist can legally use up to 6% hydrogen peroxide. There are other Spotlight whitening products that you can also add to your daily routine that aren’t included in the whitening system. Over-the-counter teeth whitening kits in the UK can only contain 0.1% hydrogen peroxide – the number one whitening ingredient - while professional whitening, done by a dentist, can use up to 6%. Though this limits how much of a whitening effect DIY kits can have on teeth, it could be dangerous to handle a stronger solution untrained at home. If you’re nervous to start a course of whitening treatments, always talk to your dentist first to see if it’s suitable for you.

Our panel of 318 testers tried 21 teeth whitening kits to find the ones that really deliver. They reviewed how easy each one was to use, treatment time, and how teeth looked and felt after use. How long the whitening effect lasts is down to your individual lifestyle and teeth (as some teeth have naturally darker shades of enamel). But, in general, expect to see results last for a few months. How we test A few minutes in, my formerly yellowed teeth looked whiter overall, and in my case, my teeth on the sides more closely matched the bright porcelain hue of my front two crowns. As I splashed water from the sink onto my teeth to rinse off the solution, I marveled that my teeth didn’t feel sore, nor did my gums feel achy. And they did look brighter—even after just one application.A variety of oral care products that are free from many harmful ingredients including BPA, sulfates, and gluten Colgate Optic White Pro Series Teeth Whitening Pen and LED Tray: If you’re short on time, this kit only requires 10 minutes per day, but it’s not the most comfortable after application (and it’s more expensive than similar kits). In testing, this gel was easy to put on and caused no discomfort during or after application (including for those of us with sensitive teeth). The mouthpiece fit well and stayed in place, thanks to the fact that it’s soft and flexible, not rigid. We also loved that the tray could be plugged into our smartphones, so we could get up and move around the house while we waited out the whitening time. Spotlight Oral Care products are clinically proven, clean, and effective. As our mouths are 50 times more absorbent than our skin, the sisters wanted to create a line that was free of toxic ingredients. Crest Whitening Emulsions Leave-on Teeth Whitening Gel Kit: This was easy to apply with a pleasant, mild taste, but in testing, we saw zero whitening effects—even with the maximum amount of allowed applications per day.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment