276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Bushmills Black Bush Irish Whiskey, 70cl

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The band NOFX mentions Bushmills in the song "Theme from a NOFX Album" on the 2000 release Pump Up the Valuum. Burt Reynolds plays a police lieutenant in the 1975 film Hustle whose favourite drink is Bushmills.

Palate: The taste is all warm spices, caramelized sugar and marzipan. It’s quite round, with a touch of tannic astringency and some nice, rich sherry character coming through. Some raw ethanol heat but nothing terrible unpleasant and a medium length finish. \ Before attaining relative sobriety in the early 2000s, Ministry frontman Al Jourgensen was a heavy drinker of Bushmills, consuming as much as two full bottles per day. [13]Nose: The nose is light but expressive, with notes of honeydew melon, roasted barley tea and a little savory cheese rind must. There’s a hint of alcohol burn. The whiskey is a beautiful golden honey color, a little darker than a traditional scotch but still not quite to the level of an American bourbon. Coming off the glass, I get the aroma of apple, vanilla, and a little bit of malted barley. We Are Kilbeggan". Kilbeggan Distilling Co . Retrieved 31 March 2022. 1917:Owing to food shortages throughout Great Britain, the distilling of whiskey in Ireland is suspended.

Body/Balance - Slightly oily, very smooth mouthfeel. The aromas transfer nicely to the mouth, with the various notes co-existing very nicely. Near the end of 2010, I became interested in single malt whisky, after a conversation with a friend. Many delectable tastings later, I decided to do some research on Irish Whiskey. Until that time, I had only tried Jameson, and I still have an ufinished bottle of the 12 year Special Reserve, which is very nice. Victor It is the only 21 I've ever tried so I'm glad you replied. I will give it another go whenever I get the chance. Loved this whiskey from the beginning, one of my first and it will certainly stay with me for quite a while. Every time the finish is gone you feel like stepping into the sun again. In November 2014 it was announced that Diageo had traded the Bushmills brand with Proximo Spirits in exchange for the 50% of the Don Julio brand of tequila that Diageo did not already own. [8]In The Sting, Robert Redford's character can be seen drinking Bushmills whiskey before the final con. for the next seven years, within the countie of Colrane, otherwise called O Cahanes countrey, or within the territorie called Rowte, in Co. Antrim, by himselfe or his servauntes, to make, drawe, and distil such and soe great quantities of aquavite, usquabagh and aqua composita, as he or his assignes shall thinke fitt; and the same to sell, vent, and dispose of to any persons, yeeldinge yerelie the somme 13s 4d...

In Rescue Me [ which?] the series, seasons 1–7, Bushmills is the common whiskey shared and favourited among the entire Irish Gavin Family and referred to in at least ten episodes. Hill, George (1877). An historical account of the plantation in Ulster at the commencement of the seventeenth century, 1608-1620. M'Caw, Stevenson & Orr. p.393. ISBN 9785876338280. This one is quite difficult to describe because it is in a class by itself. The nose is honeyed and floral, and the taste is lightly sherried and lightly sweet, being extremely smooth. If I had to compare it to a single malt, I would say that toning down the flovors of a Talisker 10 without adding water would be a fair description. After drinking a heavily sherried Speyside malt such as Aberlour 12 or Glengoyne 17, this one tastes extremely floral and entirely different. This would be more closely related to the more floral Highland malts. Finish - The finish on this isn’t long but neither too short - a little sweetness lingers on with some woody notes, hints of caramel, and citrus spice floating around. I can’t say anything bad about this fortunately. As a matter a fact its probably my favorite blend now.The Old Bushmills Distillery is an alcohol (primarily Irish whiskey) distillery in Bushmills, County Antrim, Northern Ireland, founded in 1784 and owned by Proximo Spirits. Bushmills Distillery uses water drawn from Saint Columb's Rill, which is a tributary of the River Bush. The distillery is a popular tourist attraction, with around 120,000 visitors per year. It produces the Bushmills brand of Irish whiskey. In the early 20th century, the U.S. was a very important market for Bushmills (and other Irish Whiskey producers). American Prohibition in 1920 came as a large blow to the Irish Whiskey industry, but Bushmills managed to survive. Wilson Boyd, Bushmills' director at the time, predicted the end of prohibition and had large stores of whiskey ready to export. After the Second World War, the distillery was bought by Isaac Wolfson, and, in 1972, it was taken over by Irish Distillers, meaning that Irish Distillers controlled the production of all Irish whiskey at the time. In June 1988, Irish Distillers was bought by French liquor group Pernod Ricard. The 21-year-old single malt is aged for a minimum of 19 years in former Oloroso Sherry and Bourbon-seasoned casks, then transferred into Madeira casks for a further two years. “It has a huge depth that interweaves dried fruit flavours with spicy, aromatic maltiness and subtle nutty raisin notes,” says Bushmills. This whiskey has a slight after-burn but includes an interesting aftertaste. It is one to drink and savour slowly. An authentic whiskey I honestly wasn't expecting a lot, but this was really pleasant and easy to drink, and a fantastic way to ease into a big night of drinking. I've been banging on about session whiskies recently (whiskies you drink when you want to have a real drinking session), and this hit the nail dead on the head. I wanted a second glass. Nose: Honeyed (sherry?) sweetness, i don't get the smoke but I do get some salt? And a spicy tang, possibly ginger?

The nose is silky soft on semoule with raisins, honey and breakfast cereals, mandarin, chocolate with praline filling and baked apples with cinnamon. Banana and peach. Less floral than previous releases. Very, very good. While this is a blended whiskey (as you’d expect from spirits merchants), roughly 80% of the source for this product is whiskey that was produced from malted barley. The remaining 20% of the volume comes from grain whiskey that is added and blended together. Palate - A smooth peppery, dry’ish arrival with fruits, spice and sherry. The balance here is the key winner and something to speak of. Everything works so well yet feels almost restrained at times. But this is far from a complaint. I can only imagine what a little smoke and peat would do to this blend. I like it just the way it is though. Much more interesting than Grant’s Family Reserve and a few steps above in terms of complexity and flavor. Yum. Taste - The baking spice mix (cinnamon/nutmeg/cloves blended nicely together) takes centre stage on the palate, with the apple and butter notes also continuing through from the nose on a supporting basis. Overall, the intensity of the taste does not match that of the aromas initially presented. rare is approximately 2.5 times as expense at my stores and maybe 25% better. Complete estimates there and I am sure somebody will disagree with me. But I think the point will hold up.

This section needs additional citations for verification. Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sourcesin this section. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. ( December 2021) ( Learn how and when to remove this template message) Editor’s Note: These whiskeys were provided to us as review samples by Bushmills. This in no way, per our editorial policies , influenced the final outcome of this review. viscocity. You can definately taste malt! The taste is familiar, like a medium bodied single malt speyside malt. Glenfiddich 15? Aberfeldy? The finish was short, with a hint of dried fruit and the continuance of the gentle sherry smoke. Despite being short, it was very moreish.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment